Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hambone's Custom Essex

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Hambone, Apr 2, 2004.

1. I put this one together to fill the need for a P. It does it in spades! IMO the Essex P's are the closest to the Fender feel of any bass I've played that retails for $600 or under. It began life new as a one of the decked out SPB-62 models from Rondo with the flame/pearl/gold scheme. Juuuuust a little to much for my tastes but the price was right. The J was added just to bring the instrument to the front in crowded mixes. Here's a rundown:

• Alder '62 P body with photoflame finish - Black back
    • Maple neck with skunk stripe, Rosewood fretboard, vintage finish
    • Black Fender/Schaller US tuners
    • Phenolic nut
    • Pearl markers
    • Threaded steel inserts and 10-24 stainless steel neck bolts
    • Custom pearloid 3 layer Scorpion pickguard - P/B/W
    • Seymour Duncan Lightening Rod active P/J pups
    • Seymour Duncan electronics -Volume/Volume/Tone controls
    • Black Gotoh domed knobs
    • Battery is under the scorpion
    • Black Custom Shop Parts "Fat Tail" bridge - Spector style
    • Black Schaller straplock buttons

Unfortunately, this really isn't a complete list because I'm still awaiting a black neckplate and a black string retainer that haven't gotten here yet. That will be installed on the bass forthwith unless I get the wild hair to go out and make a nice roller retainer instead. Either way, it'll be ready to go and perfect with any setup needed before it leaves my hands.

I'm motivated to sell so I'll lower this price down to $225 and I'll split shipping to the lower 48. Paypal preferred but things can be worked out.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wait so hhowd you get that top? (thinking about deckin out a P bass myself, but i wouldnt go as far as to change the top)

3. Didn't touch it Fig, that's a stock top on the premium version.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Check your PM's Hambone

5. Bump with a price change - Down to $200 + ½ shipping