1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Hamer 2nd Gen 2-Tek Cruise Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mbluto, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Sound Beach, New York
    [DEL]$525 plus shipping[/DEL] SOLD

Up for sale is my Hamer USA Model BCRTA 1997 2nd Generation 2-Tek Cruise Bass. Black Cherry Burst finish, active EMG-JV pickups and electronics, maple neck with quartersawn rosewood fretboard, Alder Body, Schaler Tuners and 2Tek bridge. Bass is a solid 8 out of 10 with very minor belt scratches on the back of the bass (scratches in the lacquer, not through to the top coat or wood. Great to record or play out with, defined punch definately cuts through the mix. Comes with non-original hard shell (G&L fitted) case, fits bass in nice and snug, and most importantly well protected. Controls are Vol / Bal / stacked bass/treble. Frets have minor use, but are in no need of a re-fret, maybe a simple polishing later on.

Sorry about the orange and white reflective lights and fingerprint smudges on the pictures. These are not dings, but just reflections from the abovehead lights in my living room.I have a digital camera at the ready if you need additional pictures, angle shots, etc.

Paypal is fine, will ship via UPS Ground to continental US, insured, please PM with shipping address so I can reply with the exact shipping costs. Bass will ship out one business day after payment clears. Will provide tracking numbers via e-mail. If you live in the New York City/Long Island area and want to check out the bass prior to purchase, thats fine, just send a message and we'll put it together.

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Those look like EMG-JVs ... Which sound incredible in these basses. Tempting.

3. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Sound Beach, New York
    You have a good eye! These are indeed active EMG-JV pickups in this bass...not sure if the preamp was a EMG-BTC, but the EMG-JV's were stock in a limited run of Cruise bass "Custom" models in 1997 into early 1998. One thing I like about these pickups over the stock Seymour Duncans is that they have a much more defined low end and punch with a little less growl than the SD's..

4. exmaxima1

exmaxima1

Jan 27, 2009
    Geneva IL
    Absolutely! I have the exact model bass and hadn't played it in awhile---I was shocked at how solid the open-E was when playing at the bar last week. With the bass knob turned up a bit, it could pass as a P-bass.

5. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Sound Beach, New York
    Bump

6. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Sound Beach, New York
    ttt

7. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member