For Sale Hamer Blitz bass (Explorer)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gearHed289, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:45 AM.

1. gearHed289

gearHed289 Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago area
    Head of design and sales, MT Case Co.
    Price:
    $1100
    Strings:
    United States
    I believe this bass was built in 1984. I know it's not the most collectible bass in the world, but FWIW, it is 100% original.

Hamer-branded Schaller bridge and tuners
    Hamer-stamped pots
    Untouched solder joints
    DiMarzio P/J pickups
    Hamer case with key in Hamer-branded baggie
    Inside of control cavity cover signed by Paul Hamer

This is a really great, American made instrument with a mahogany body, mahogany set-neck (may have maple center strip?), and rosewood fingerboard. The neck is virtually the same dimensions as my '89 Rickenbacker (before they got fat). Just a hair thicker. Surprisingly light weight and well balanced. If you zero the bridge pickup, it sounds just like an aggressive P Bass. If you want to Jazz it up a little bit, bring that up, and turn the P down a couple notches. The shiny black finish has its share of dings and surface scratches, but nothing due to abuse. Just honest gig wear.

Buyer pays actual shipping, or I can ship from my business on your UPS or FedEx number.

Offers welcome!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 10:07 AM
  2. tripp2k

tripp2k

Oct 31, 2010
    DFW-TX
    Curious what the headstock looks like.

3. gearHed289

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago area
    I'll be posting several pics this weekend, but here's a group shot for now. I'll be selling the Geddy too BTW.

4128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ZqkimhUtM3UAX9sPKJg&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

kobass, NO ONE 420 and blacktocomm like this.
  4. NO ONE 420

NO ONE 420

Mar 25, 2020
    Nice Rickenbacker

gearHed289 likes this.
  5. Gregc57

Gregc57 Supporting Member

May 28, 2021
    Long Island, NY, USA
    The folks at hamerUSA were some of the best around. I spent several days in the shop over the years. I own several of their guitars. Awesome builds and materials.

gearHed289 likes this.
  6. gearHed289

Sep 11, 2008
    Chicago area
    No doubt about it. I recently got "the book" and it's great. I live in the area and there are a lot of familiar names from the local scene. I run a case shop and did a few jobs for Paul a few years ago. That's how I got the signature. It was kind of cool to stand there and watch Paul Hamer noodle around on my bass.

NO ONE 420 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2022