Hamer Chaparral 8 String USA Custom Boutique

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by agreatheight, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Are there any 8 string fans out there? I am looking for a new home for my beautiful custom Hamer Chaparral USA 8 String Bass. I have a shoulder problem which causes nasty pain when I play my heavier instruments so I am regretfully letting this bass go. She was made in 1990, but it looks like she was made yesterday - she is in drop-dead mint condition, with only the lightest of pick marks (nearly impossible to see and easily buffed out) and she has no dings, scrapes or other marks.

She is a fully custom piece, made from two solid bookmatched slabs of flame maple, finished in translucent emerald green - she's absolutely gorgeous. The pic does not do this bass justice, this is one hell of a sexy bass. And plug her in and man, she is a tone monster, with sustain for days. This bass will do that Pearl Jam 'Jeremy' tone easy or dial in some distortion for some King's X / Galactic Cowboys growl. This bass is truly awesome. I wish I could keep her, but my shoulder says no more! and I hate having instruments I cannot play.

You really can't get anything like this anymore. Hamer has long closed their custom shop and no one is doing this type of boutique 8 string. The craftsmanship is mindblowing. I am selling this bass for $2500 or best offer. I may be interested in partial / full trades (I am always looking for nice instruments and recording gear - US Fender Precision Bass or Stratocaster Guitar, US Gibson Les Paul Studio, PRS Guitar, Avalon Recording Gear, Blue Mics, Sennheiser MD421 MKII U4 Mics, etc) so feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

2. Would You be Interested In a Fretless Bass
  3. I already have one - an older Tobias Growler which I love - but feel free to let me know the details, you never know!
  4. Another bump. No one is interested?
  5. turtleboss13

Jan 30, 2016
    I'm interested send pics if still for sale to my email turtleboss1235@gmail.com
  6. turtleboss13

Jan 30, 2016
    Would you sell this bass for $850