Hamer Cruisebass 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by misterk73, Jul 10, 2002.

1. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've got Hamer Cruisebass 4 with a 2TEK bridge that I absolutely LOVE. Now I've got my eye on a used 5-string Cruise (w/ 2TEK).

How do the two compare? I don't have much experience with 5-strings, but another Cruise seems like a logical choice.

Any info appreciated, from specifications to direct experience. Thanks much!
  2. I'm pretty sure they fared well in Bass Player's 5-String Shootout a few years ago. I really wanted one of their 4-strings when they were still making them, but now I have my trusty ol' Reverend.
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My local shop Classic Axe has a NOS Cruise 2Tek 5 string fretless that I've had my eye on for years. I've played it lateley. Beautifully made, sounds great if a bit bright for my states. The B string is pretty floppy, but that is probably the strings not the bass. If you like the 4 string chances are you won't be dissapointed by the fiver.
  4. lushfreak GC in San Marcos, Ca.. has a sweet used linned fretless Cruisebass 5 string..I think it had a ebony board.. and it had that 2TEK bridge. I played it and it sounded just fine to my ears....
    ...I would have bought it if,, it had been a unlinned fretless.. I couldn't compare the 4 with the 5 because they did'nt have the 4 string..
  5. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I'm defnitely after a fretted bass, but thanks for the feedback, y'all.