1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hamer Cruisebass 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by misterk73, Jul 10, 2002.

1. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've got Hamer Cruisebass 4 with a 2TEK bridge that I absolutely LOVE. Now I've got my eye on a used 5-string Cruise (w/ 2TEK).

How do the two compare? I don't have much experience with 5-strings, but another Cruise seems like a logical choice.

Any info appreciated, from specifications to direct experience. Thanks much!

2. I'm pretty sure they fared well in Bass Player's 5-String Shootout a few years ago. I really wanted one of their 4-strings when they were still making them, but now I have my trusty ol' Reverend.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My local shop Classic Axe has a NOS Cruise 2Tek 5 string fretless that I've had my eye on for years. I've played it lateley. Beautifully made, sounds great if a bit bright for my states. The B string is pretty floppy, but that is probably the strings not the bass. If you like the 4 string chances are you won't be dissapointed by the fiver.

4. lushfreak GC in San Marcos, Ca.. has a sweet used linned fretless Cruisebass 5 string..I think it had a ebony board.. and it had that 2TEK bridge. I played it and it sounded just fine to my ears....
    ...I would have bought it if,, it had been a unlinned fretless.. I couldn't compare the 4 with the 5 because they did'nt have the 4 string..

5. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I'm defnitely after a fretted bass, but thanks for the feedback, y'all.