Hamer Slammer P for $79??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kjpollo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I was in a pawnshop a couple weeks ago and I saw a black Hamer Slammer with a pricetag that I THINK said $79.

I'm not overly familiar with Hamers but it looked like a decent P copy. I'm thinking about trying to get back to the shop and see if its still there.
    If nothing else, it looks like a good candidate for a beginner's modding platform. On that note, does anyone know if the pickup is standard Fender sized?

Assuming the neck's not totally shot, this seems worth it to me.

Opinions, anyone??

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good price if the bass is sound. Hamer "Slammer" is their import budget line, kind of liks Squier is to Fender.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a Hamer SLAMMER "one octave up" 6 stringer BASS...okokokokok it is a guitar, but you all wanted to know about SLAMMER's? It WAS ALSO CHEAP, under 100 bucks, and it is as good as any "low end" that any company makes. I DID have a SLAMMER bass for a while a long time ago, and never had a problem with it for fit/form/action/tone, and playability, like any "cheaper" line of instruments from any company.

for 79 bucks, hell ya go get it!!!! :D:D

4. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    That exact bass was the first bass I ever got and I still own it. I'd say it's worth 79$, it sounds pretty good and plays decently. Great beater bass, go for it.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021