1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hamer Velocity 5 string, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. I bought this bass a year ago:

Firstly, it's beautiful: the finish is nice and subtle
    Its moves from very jazzy sounding to gritty - incredible range of tones. It plays incredibly smooth and the fifth string plays very well and is very smooth playing as far as a five string goes: thats actually the reason i bought it in the first place. Most five strings ive played the fifth string always rattles alot and at the time i was playing in a Jazz ensemble. This bass is incredible for smooth semi distinct jazz. The sound really leans towards a Pink Floyd sound. (The output is incredibly high so i usually play with the volume halfway down.) Really nice bass. Im actually trying to sell mine - i dont play jazz anymore and am looking at a more distinct sound for some experimental music. Looking at trying a Steinberger but i cant find a dealer around here. I payed $650 for the Hamer - i dont know what the retail is for sure but i think it is $750. If you're interested at all email me. Hope this helped.