Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hamer Velocity 5 string, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. I bought this bass a year ago:

Firstly, it's beautiful: the finish is nice and subtle
    Its moves from very jazzy sounding to gritty - incredible range of tones. It plays incredibly smooth and the fifth string plays very well and is very smooth playing as far as a five string goes: thats actually the reason i bought it in the first place. Most five strings ive played the fifth string always rattles alot and at the time i was playing in a Jazz ensemble. This bass is incredible for smooth semi distinct jazz. The sound really leans towards a Pink Floyd sound. (The output is incredibly high so i usually play with the volume halfway down.) Really nice bass. Im actually trying to sell mine - i dont play jazz anymore and am looking at a more distinct sound for some experimental music. Looking at trying a Steinberger but i cant find a dealer around here. I payed $650 for the Hamer - i dont know what the retail is for sure but i think it is $750. If you're interested at all email me. Hope this helped.