Hamilton uses a Parker Fly Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mcbassdude, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Yes, I went to the Aerosmith and Kiss show last night. Took the kid's.
    Tom Hamilton used a bright red Parker Fly bass most of the night and for his solo. It had a gritty fat sound. It sure looks different.
    He also used a Tele style P Bass and a Jazz type bass, but he was on the Parker most of the night. First time I've seen one in action.
    Hartke cab's, couldn't make out the amp's.
    Hamilton is a great underated bassist. He is as solid as they come and he delivers very tasty clever riff's.

Aerosmith closed the show and although they are far superior musicians and songwriters, KISS is a hard act to follow. Truly a rock and roll circus.For pure entertainment they deliver.

Saliva opened the show and they are truly a great band. Hard heavy sound and HARMONIES! Imagine that heavy music and a melody! They give me hope. They made quite an impression on the crowd.

2. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have noticed the last few years Tom playing
    lighter weight Basses, I saw him Play a Hofner
    also. He is getting older and the lighter Bass
    makes sense, it is probably easier on his back
    and shoulder. I have had back problems and when
    my back starts acting up I go right for my
    Modulus Q4. Nice n light.
  3. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I saw in Musicians Freind that they are only 7lbs
    they were also very expensive around $2200-2300
    I have not played one yet.
  4. It doesn't seem to fair to well with customer reviews on MF.
    Thats alot of do re mi for an axe. I'd like to try one out but the local GC doesn't carry them. Hard to find a dealer who has one in stock.
  5. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Doesn't/Didn't he play G&L's? (I've never been a big fan of Aerosmith OR Kiss.. but I guess I'll see 'em both Dec. 8th. (My girl's a huge Aerosmith fan... x-mas present, blah blah blah.)
  6. KISS is no Mahavishnu but you will be entertained if you keep an open mind and just go with it. Part Rock Concert, Part Cartoon, Part Circus, a little silly but suprisingly alot of fun too.
  7. He played almost every kind of bass on earth: Gibsons, Sadowskys, etc... So he probably played G&L's too. :)
  8. He's got a G&L Asat bass, a Parker Fly bass and a Sadowsky Tele-bass. He also uses GK heads with Hartke cabs.
  9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    saliva is from my hometown. we used to share the same practice space with them, which was funny because we were like college rock and they were like... well ... saliva.

they won the grammy showcase back in like 97 where they won a record contract. it was like 2000 before it was released.