Hammond L-111

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dirk, Jan 9, 2004.

1. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN

I'm so excited I snagged a Hammond L-111 spinnet organ on ebay for 75 bucks. I don't even have to pay for shipping because it's 3 hours away and I'm picking it up. I'm getting it tomorrow and I have no idea really how to play one of these things, but I'll post my impressions after playing it a bit. The only negative thing is I can't keep in my dorm so I'm going to store it a friend's house for this semester, so I'll only be able to mess with it occasionally.

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    according to a book i have: originally built between 9/61 -7/64; original selling price: $995; weight: 215#:cool:
  3. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Well, it's actually been about a week and a half since I got the organ. It's at a friends house, so I don't have much time to mess with it. It was a whole lot of fun to play with the first couple of times I messed with it. It doesn't sound like a B3, but what can you expect. something sounds funny with the upper manuals, but I don't have time or money to sink into getting it looked at. Overall, it's a great piece to add to my collection of gear, but really heavy. It was in great cosmetic condition, too.

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That sounds like a nice acquisition.

I still have a full-on B3 with a Leslie in storage in New Jersey.

If it weighed 5 pounds and fit in the back of my car, I'd probably go get it. :)