Hammond Organ amp on CL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shakerattleroll, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Anyone know anything about this amp? If it's working, seems like a steal for 100, might be useful for guitar/recording bass.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/1307284885.html

GOOD WORKING PR-40 TONE CABINET WITH REVERB FOR HAMMOND ORGANS. THIS HAS FOUR ALNICO SPEAKERS, TWO 12", AND TWO 15" SPEAKERS. ONE 12" IS FACING UP, CAN'T SEE IN PICTURES. ALSO HAS TUBE AMPLIFIER WITH SIX 6QB5 POWER TUBES, AND TWO 5U4 TUBES.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

[​IMG]
    PostingID: 1307284885

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's cool, and probably well worth a hundred bucks, but I wouldn't play bass through it.

3. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I think he means 6BQ5s, which are common organ and low wattage guitar amp power tubes, also known as EL84s, probably european from what I've seen in Hammonds.
    Those tone cabs are more like a power amp with speaker, not much good for guitar or bass by itself. If you like the look, it would make a great TV stand, but not much use for guitar/bass as-is, and too nice to part-out. The 5U4s are rectifiers (converting AC to DC), super common tubes, no real value in those.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021