1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hampton Roads GTG 2015

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by neurotictim, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hey guys, it's about that time, yeah?

Jam%20cover%20photo%20copy_zpse0nmdzit.jpg

The date is now official - one month exactly from today!

28 February, 2015, from noon to 4pm @ Wanna B's Karaoke Club & Restaurant. 2880 Virginia Beach Blvd.

We will have a drum kit and a couple of guys happy to bang away on it, and we're talking about bringing a select few guitarists to play with. There will be food available, as well as drinks - non-alcoholic as well as "adult beverages". No minimum age, it WILL be a family friendly event, and there will be no smoking allowed indoors.

You're all encouraged to bring whatever you want - there will be plenty of available outlets and floor space. Bring stuff to play with, show off, to trade, or to sell.

This isn't limited to ONLY Hampton Roads/Tidewater peeps. I'm also encouraging Richmond area and northeastern NC bassists to make the trip, if they're feeling up to a road trip.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    deeptubes, Winoman, BIG97BEN and 4 others like this.
  2. Update numero uno:

Kohlman Bassworks and I have finalized plans for a unique bass to raffle off at the GTG! At the moment all I will say is that it will be a Reclamation model P-bass, and it will be absolutely one-of-a-kind. The GTG itself will be free to all; raffle ticket prices will be set and available for purchase at some point in the near future.

:EDIT: Please "watch" or subscribe to this thread to stay up to date with the most current info!

DWBass likes this.
  3. Okay boys and girls, it's official. Updated the OP, details there!

DWBass likes this.
  4. I forgot to add a link to the Facebook event page.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    See y'all there!

neurotictim likes this.
  6. Guys and gals, please be sure to visit the event page on Facebook (if you have a Facebook account) and RSVP, and share the event with any other 757 (Hampton Roads)/804 (Richmond)/252 (NE North Carolina) area bassists you may know.

7. A small update - the raffle bass has been assembled and vetted by our local wizard of the luthieric arts, Mr. Chris Kohlman. Tomorrow I should have it in my hands, to work a lil custom magic of my own and really give it a one-of-a-kind appeal. Things are moving!

As always, remember to hit up the Facebook event page (link above, post #1) to RSVP and share with your friends!

8. We are one week away, folks! Hoping to have some teaser pics of the raffle bass later today or tomorrow... Stay tuned, and invite your friends!

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just wanna say a good time was had by all who attended. We missed a few faces but overall a success. Some killer players playing some really nice instruments. Thanks Tim! Great job. Looking forward to future events.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    placedesjardins and neurotictim like this.
  10. hobbes1

hobbes1

Nov 3, 2006
    very cool. one of these days, i'm going to come out too. would be fun to see/hear these talented players up close.
    thanks for posting.

11. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    And now here I am finding this thread for the first time -- at 6:30 pm on March 1.

D'oh! Maybe next time....

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021