1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hampton Roads, VA Did an open mic last night @ Goodfellas...................

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by DWBass, Mar 5, 2008.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

And boy did I have a blast!! Our keyboardist invited the whole band to come out and play 3 songs and I also sat in and played bass on one of his songs! There are a lot of talented musicians out there and I enjoyed watching and listening to them all. They also gave out some area musician awards (MEONA) and some were there to claim them so we picked a good night to show up as some of the better players were in attendance to hear us. We got the loudest applause of the night!

I'll be back! :D

2. Do they still have Blues at open mic or is it anything goes? I used to go when it was Blues some 5 or 6 years ago.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Anything goes from what I saw and heard. In fact a couple of blues and boogey woogey tunes (think Jerry Lee Lewis) were played last night.