Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hand Care

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My hands are dying too... death... it surrounds me.

Painting/Bass Playing/Naturally Dry skin

What specifically works for you guys (not just "lotion" for an answer) because I don't think that's heavy duty enough for me.

Also, what would you recommend for getting paint off my hands without trashing my hands further.

(I've done the J'Lo trick before where you wear "gloves" (I wore socks) filled with lotion when you sleep, that works pretty good) :bag:

2. Do that trick with rubber gloves, and make sure you stretch your hands and forearms before playing so you don't pull anything.

Like, stretch your fingers at a 90 degree angle with your wrist and pull them back till you feel they are well stretched.

Do the same thing, only the other direction, that ones a little trickier, but it should help.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I've put in a call for you. Expect a visit very soon:
    [​IMG]

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Speaking of lotion, have you tried Curel?

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Here's what you do:

Find a girl. They know about this stuff.

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    A really good thing for dry hands is hand recovery from Crabtree & Evelyn. Click here

This is the company I work for, and this stuff works like a charm. If you want some of this, PM me. I can send you some for free. Pick a flavor and it's yours. The gardeners stuff is pretty good.

Joe.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Your manhood has been officially revoked. Sorry, dude.

brad cook

8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I'm married. I lost my manhood years ago. :crying: :smug:

9. I'm not touching some potential jokes with a 10 and 1/2 foot pole...

Have you tried just washing them more? Taking more showers?

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    what is going on here? i am confused!! ?

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    he he he

I was going to sell you hansom cream but i already see that you got some...

BAAAAAAM

12. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Corn Husker's Lotion is the best stuff I've found.

I was working in freezers in winter, and my hands were getting so dry they'd crack and bleed every single day. Corn Husker's Lotion, recommended by embellisher, is what helped me out.

So what's the scoop on this Curel? Is it even better or something?

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Curel is more of a 'lotion' lotion, like vaseline intensive care only much better, and no greasy residue.

That Corn Huskers lotion did the trick for you, huh? Glad to hear that.:cool:

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My wife gets some goop they give the nurses at the hospital, works great. I get those splits on the fingertips, the ones that make every note annoying to play. -they are greatly reduced by this stuff. I'll ask her if there is a "civilian" equivalent.

15. Best stuff I ever used was "Sorbolene" which I got when I was in NZ and Oz - it's not available in USA (thanks FDA!!!). Best stuff I've found in the USA is "Cetaphil" (made by Galderma), and if you can't find that, "Lubriderm" is pretty good.

Well, you did ask…

- Wil

16. My hands always seem to die in the winter for some reason, dry skin I guess. Like some people have recommended, I use Curel. Works great for me.

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Try rubbing Chapstick on your hands.