TRADED Handbox Compact 2x12 Speaker Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Furious_Man77, May 4, 2018.

1. Furious_Man77

Furious_Man77 Low frequencies since 1997

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    Price:
    For sale; a Handbox Compact 2x12 Speaker Cab. Handbox is a Polish company that is gaining some traction 'across the pond' for their interesting designs and toneful products. I bought this 2x12 to go with one of their heads but have since sold it to another TB'r. This cab could be the only one in the States right now, so a rare item for sure given how difficult it is to find a Polish vendor willing to sell and ship over here.

This is a fairly svelte 4 ohm cab with a pair of Eminence speakers, tweeter w/ 3 position attenuator, single top handle and a nice medium volume match for a hybrid or class D head. Handbox lists the specs as 500 watts / 1000 watts peak, and weighs in at just over 40 lbs.

I've saved you all the work on expensive international shipping, fees and risk - check out something new, and help me free up some space from my collection. Local sale would be great, but I'll ship it (I have the carton I received it in).

Thanks!

20180220_180055.jpg HB4.jpg HB3 - Copy.jpg HB6.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. Furious_Man77

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    It's actually a mix, neo tweeter and 12's are ferrite. I changed the title to avoid confusion. Thanks!

3. damn! i need it!

i live in australia though...:(

Furious_Man77 likes this.
  4. Furious_Man77

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    Price dropping...!

5. not ported? how's it sound?
    i like bright and punchy. not much boomy

6. Furious_Man77

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    It's ported. The 2x12s are perfectly vertical; the tweeter is in the middle space on the left side of the cab between the speakers and there is a port in the same area on the right. Not boomy by any means and shouldn't be given the size and configuration of the cab.

7. Furious_Man77

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    Last price drop.

8. punchclock

punchclock

Mar 19, 2007
    Kansas City
    what are the dimensions?

9. Furious_Man77

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    I took some measurements at the cab corners just to ensure if I was over at worst it only be an eighth or so. Here is what I found;

27 1/4 height
    15 3/8 deep
    16 1/2 wide

10. bassmanmicah

bassmanmicah

Jul 19, 2012
    Indiana
    Hello! I saw this is marked as traded. By chance did you trade this at Indianapolis Guitar Center? I saw one there on their website, and wondered if it is the same one. I currently have a GK MB212 combo amp, but I am thinking about selling it and finding a 212 to put my MB Fusion 800 on instead. I found a different head for my 410, so I am debating on selling the GK head and keeping the combo, or selling the combo, and buying a new cab for the head.

Either way, how did you like this cabinet? I know even my MB212 has a nice lower mid punch to it, with plenty of low end and top end, without being overly boomy. Maybe not as bright as my 210 or 410, but "fuller" sounding.

Thank you for any info. Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Blessings,

Micah

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021