1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD HandBox R-400: Polish-made Class A/B 400w head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Slap Magnusson, May 15, 2017.

1. Slap Magnusson

Slap Magnusson Supporting Member

May 11, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Brand new from Poland: the HandBox R-400, as made famous in the thread New amp from Poland - HandBox R-400. The conversation and vids there tell the story. This is a stripped down, handmade head that many say will cop the tones of a Mesa Walkabout — just louder and cleaner (I can't speak to this myself, as I've not owned a Walkabout yet).

Needless to say, this is a pretty rare find in the US; I imagine there are less than ten of these stateside at the moment. One caveat: while this amp is like-new, as received, there are some minor imperfections in fit and finish. For instance, the nameplate on the front-cover panel is lightly scratched, and a couple of the metal corners are slightly dinged up. Basically, what you might expect from a small-batch, handmade piece. The condition overall is still excellent.

$700 shipped CONUS, which is at least $50 cheaper than it would cost to import a stock model from Poland. Will ship in the original box with all original materials.

Measurements: 15" W x 13.5" D x 4.5" H, 21.8 lbs

Possible trade interests: Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass (non-export model), Mesa Walkabout

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. GAHsp! I love mine so much I want to buy this as a backup!

2 or 4 ohm version?

3. Slap Magnusson

Slap Magnusson Supporting Member

May 11, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    4 ohm!

4. Furious_Man77

Furious_Man77 Low frequencies since 1997 Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    PM'd

5. Slap Magnusson