1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Handmade bass guitar wiring and controls

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MattSecond, Apr 16, 2016.

1. MattSecond

MattSecond

Apr 16, 2016
    Ireland
    I'm making my own custom bass guitar for a school project and wanted to install a 3 way pickup selector (For the bridge pickup, for both pickups and for the neck pickup) as well as 1x volume with push-pull (active/passive), 1x balance, 1x bass and 1x treble controls.

The bulk of the electronics and most of the hardware is being scraped from a bass I bought (This one: Harley Benton B-550 White Progressive Series) and was wondering if some one could draw me a wiring diagram for me, the bass is wired in mono if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
    - MattSecond

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Why do you want balance and a 3 way selector both?
    It's redundant and will interfere with each other.

3. MattSecond

MattSecond

Apr 16, 2016
    Ireland
    The balance control is on the bass I'm scraping for parts. I might just remove the balance control though.

4. Take your existing wiring and replace the blend pot with the pickup selector switch. Nothing else needs to be done.

5. MattSecond

MattSecond

Apr 16, 2016
    Ireland
    You mean like remove the blend pot itself and put the 3 way switch in its place?

6. Yes.

MattSecond likes this.
  7. MattSecond

MattSecond

Apr 16, 2016
    Ireland
    THANK YOU!!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021