Handmade Bow Quiver

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by VegasGutPlucker, Apr 29, 2012.

1. VegasGutPlucker

VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    I lost my quiver somewhere along the way between NYC and Las Vegas, and bought a Kolstein quiver online. It arrived and I was pretty disappointed with how cheap and crappy it is. I am returning it tomorrow and am looking into making my own damn quiver. I'm thinking about a few different leathers for their look and weight.
    Does anyone have experience with this? Do you think there would be any demand for a handmade leather quiver?

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard Commercial User

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Black Dog Bass Works
    I have made a few using thick natural leather, tanning it and sealing it. They are somewhat like the Weatherly quivers Gage sells. PM me and I will email you details. You can buy from me or I will be happy to walk you through the process if you wish to try it yourself.

3. VegasGutPlucker

VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    I'd love to see pictures of what you came up with. I was originally thinking Bison leather because, why not. But I remembered kangaroo leather is far thinner and stronger and might be a better option. But deer is pretty easy to get. I'm going back and forth on what material to use but I pretty much have the idea of how I'm going to cut and stitch it together.

4. BassThings

BassThings Commercial User

Apr 29, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Former Owner, BassThings.com
    There are some nicer quivers out there. I agree with you that the Kolstein is flabby. Try the Meisel.

5. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard Commercial User

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Black Dog Bass Works
    I bought a cow shoulder which is pretty thick stuff. No experience with any of the exotic leathers out there. PM me your email address if you are interested in my design.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021