1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Handmade Exotic Wood Jazz Neck CHEAP!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by silen7ce, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    I have a hand made jazz style neck I bought a few years ago and never used. I believe the neck is bubinga and the fretboard is granadillo (mexican rosewood) but i could be wrong. I have no clue if the truss rod works properly (I never took the cover off or had it on a body). The neck appears to have slight forward bend which would be countered by string tension. Use pictures as a guide. Due to price and the fact I dont know anything about it, this is sold 100% as is. Great looking neck, at this price even if you don't use it, it would make a cool wall piece. Hand made Exotic Wood neck for about the price of an sx neck.

Price drop: 55$ +shipping

Nut width appears to be just under 1.75"
    Heal is about 2.5" wide
    Nut will need to be filed
    Edit: 3/6 - The truss rod does in fact turn both ways and I didn't notice any problems. I didn't hear any clicking when I turned it but still selling 100% AS IS!

neck1.jpg
    neck2.jpg
    neck3.jpg
    neck4.jpg
    neck5.jpg
    neck6.jpg
    neck7.jpg
    neck8.jpg
    neck9.jpg
    neck10.jpg
    neck11.jpg

2. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    This is just sitting around bump and price drop for hopefully a quick sale... $55 bucks +shipping.

3. how much for shipping to 98225? pm me asap!

4. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    pm'd! As a reference to anyone else interested shipping to that zip was 13.56.

5. sorry I think I will pass, killer deal, just don't know what I would do with it... especially if I could not get the bow out of it.

6. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    If anyone else is concerned I may have explained it wrong. The slight bend in the neck is not relief but forward tension so putting strings on it would probably counter it. Unlike if it was relief in the neck where putting strings on it would make it worse.

7. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Any idea who made this?
    I assume that many here like myself have not bought this due to the uncertainty of its' playability. Maybe checking the truss rod (checking to see if it is unbroken and will make the neck bend in the appropriate fashion) will make one of us pull the trigger.

8. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    The truss rod does in fact turn. I dont have a body to mount it to nor is it drilled for a body so I can't do any further testing other than to say the rod turns. Still selling this as is to protect myself but honestly for the price you can't buy the wood to make a neck!

9. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    Sold pending funds.

10. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    The original buyer hasn't been responding to my messages so this one may be back up for sale!

11. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    Sold!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.