1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hanewinckel 6 with tons of tone and MIDI!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vanillabass, Apr 24, 2009.

1. vanillabass

vanillabass Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Hey fellow bassists! Here's my Hanewinckel 6. Here are some of the specs:

- 33" scale with 26 frets (Low B to high D)
    - Striped ebony fingerboard
    - Birdseye Maple Top
    - Striped ebony pick-up covers and knobs
    - Walnut body
    - Maple/Walnut neck
    - Hanewinckel custom-wound pick-ups
    - Hanewinckel in-out pickup switch
    - RMC Piezo pick-ups with Roland GS Midi output

Pictures can be found here: http://www.mastridesign.com/hanewinckel_6/

I don't have any sound samples as I'm not set up to record, but if you're familiar with the Hanewinckel brand, you know you're in for a treat sonically and phyiscally; this bass feels amazing. If you're serious, I can figure out a way to record, but it's definitely not going to be top-quality.

The ONLY reason I'm selling it isn't because of the economy or needing to pay for bills or whatnot!! It's because I wanted to try the 33" scale out and come to find out I'm more comfortable with the 34" scale. Live and learn!

This bass in perfect aside from a few little scratches from my pants/belt buck on the back of the lower horn. Pictures shows them (the scratches, not my pants =) )

I paid around $4200 for this bass - the MIDI feature is $900 alone (you will need to get a Roland GS cable and a GS-enabled midi controller).

I'm asking $3700. The bass isn't even a year old and has about 20 hours max playing time on it. I may be open to trade for a Fodera or Ken Lawrence.

5-14-09 !! PRICE DROP to $3300

I will post more pics soon!

Any questions just ask!!

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
  3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    How is the tracking for synth triggering? What is the string spacing at the bridge?

4. Those are nice pics, but without a full-frontal straight-on shot I really can't tell what it looks like. Can't see the lines.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Agreed.

Great looking bass....other then the midi it's right up my alley....too bad I have something similar on order. Good luck.

6. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

post a price, as the rules state you must, or I will delete the thread

7. I start the bidding at $1. ;)

8. I double it, $2 :hyper:

9. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks for the input. This is my first ad and well, obviously I didn't read the guidelines - so thanks for pointing it out

Kevin Woods: I will take more straight-forward pics. Which lines are you referring to though?

richst: The tracking response varies depending on a few main things as I've experienced. 1) Technique. The lighter and tighter you are, the better the response (that is not to say the patches are not velocity sensitive, because they are). 2) Which patch you are using. I have the Roland GS controller and certain patches trigger better than others. There are a bunch of settings and such, but I haven't had the chance to dive in and figure out what works best. 3) Upper register. You're going to get your best response here. I personally only have the midi activated on the top 3 strings (this is done through the controller and not through the bass - the bass is always 6 strive active midi). This I've found eliminates false tracking and helps differentiate the bass and melody instrument if doubling up. Spacing at the bridge is 11/16"

emjazz: The midi is of course optional. It has a 1/4" jack as well (which I imagine you saw in the pics, but just wanted to reiterate).

Halftooth & midmoto: Keep going - only another 10.5 doublings and you'll be in the right range! ;)

10. sonyb1

sonyb1 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Va
    Ouch!:bassist:

11. One straight-on shot is all you need.

The "lines" are the outline of the bass if you were to lay it on paper and trace around the entire instrument.

Thanks.

12. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    Will post new pics later today

13. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    bump

14. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    What is the string spacing at the bridge? And neck width at the nut and 24th fret? Is it a shallow neck profile?

15. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    Spacing at the bridge is 11/16"
    neck width at the nut: 1 15/16"
    24th fret: 3 11/32"
    The neck is nice and shallow

16. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    bump

17. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    PRICE DROP to $3300

18. GrindYourMind

GrindYourMind

Oct 30, 2008
    That is my dream bass. If there was a ramp between them pickups I'd sell my car and my body to buy it.

19. vanillabass

Jan 13, 2006
    bump!

20. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    How much would a ramp cost?...:D
    Good I don't really want one...;)

Struggling with some serious GAS here...:help: