1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Hanewinckel Arpeggio 7-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Eristic, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    My main ERB for years (and main bass in general for more than a few), played plenty of shows, but my back and shoulder can't take her weight anymore. Good condition, one dent on the upper edge just in front of the contour, scuff in clear near the jack and a pinprick on the lower horn. Outstanding build quality, wonderful playability, truss rods responsive, extremely clean & defined sounds without sacrificing fullness, has a thick piano tone thing happening in neck and middle positions and a bigger, polished modern J in the bridge. Excellent low B!

Slim 3-piece maple neck w/ 24-fret birdseye maple board, abalone side dots, 34" scale, previous owner said body was mahogany (though it looks and sounds more like bubinga to me, might be worth inquiring with the builder), Bart J-style pickups + Bart NS3TMB 18volt pre with 3-position mid freq selector, Vol - Vol - passive Tone + pickup selector 3-way, Hipshot Ultralites and A-bridge, spacing graduated from 18 down to a bit under 17. Weighs a bit over 10 lbs, balances well and easy reach to lower frets thanks to long upper horn and bridge position.

Nut width: 2 & 3/16"
    12th fret: 3 & 5/16"
    24th fret: 3 & 7/8"

Will discount to $1525 for local pickup.

Includes Hanewinckel-branded Protec padded bag AND I'll include a Levy's 4.5" Leather Strap w/ Dunlop Straplocks installed with purchase! MSS2-4-DBR Garment Leather Bass Guitar Strap - Levy's Leathers

Would consider quality lightweight (9 lbs tops) basses w/ ~19mm spacing in trade, open to cash either way if it's the right bass. Especially interested in 5-string Kinal, Alembic, Marleaux, Leduc, Eshenbaugh, Miura, Ibanez Affirma, Aquilina, Bordwell, fretlesses.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to hit me up with any questions!

20160615_193029.
    20160615_193034. 20160615_193043. 20160615_193100. 20160615_193104. 20160615_193108. 20160615_193113. old_back. old_front. 20160809_181014. 20160809_180842. 20160809_180800.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    WOW!!!! Tuned BEADGCF?

3. Yep, though I have the C and F down a half step currently so I can play jazz guitar-style barre chords.

dtsamples, jebmd and The Nameless like this.
  4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Very cool bass. I miss my Haney 5.

5. nosajwp

nosajwp

Jun 14, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Pm sent...

6. nosajwp

nosajwp

Jun 14, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Another pm sent...

7. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I've yet to touch a bass that played better than my Hanewinckel did. I outgrew the custom bass thing and am a bit more traditional now, thus that bass has been sold, but it was incredible. I've spent a lot of time in Pete's shop during the process and he is an absolute perfectionist. I can't recommend his basses high enough. I don't even think he is building anymore, which is a shame.

The Eristic likes this.
  8. DannyNFLD

DannyNFLD

Aug 20, 2011
    Very cool!

9. Nick Thorpe

Nick Thorpe Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Sent you a PM!

10. TheMaynorD

TheMaynorD Gold Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Would trade for my 6 string Ibanez BTB fretless w/ Aguilar preamp and pups

11. Neck looks thin - my preference - but, how stable is it with the tension of 7 strings? Does it stay in tune through a set?

Trade for a 6 string fretless Matt Friedman Acacia? Bass can be seen on the Low End Bass Shop archive of sold basses. Its the one with the Myrtle Wood top.

RJM

The Eristic likes this.
  12. I've never had a single issue with tuning stability. I give the trussrods a small tweak once or twice a year, when the weather changes, but even then, the movement is fairly insignificant.

That sounds like a bass I'd be interested in. PM me more info, please!

13. This link will take you to the first page of The Low End Sold Gallery - navigate to Acacia Basses - mine is the first one listed - Six String Fretless.: The LowEnd Bass Shop | 615.893.0205

Since this picture a battery cut-off switch has been added and it now has side dots at all the fret positions - not just 3,5, etc.

Very basic electronics - each pickup (neck, bridge and piezo) has a separate volume and there is also a tone knob.The tone knob is very subtle (that's "sales-speak" for "it don't make much difference"). The electronics adjust volume as the pickups are blended - ie all three pickups at max are the same volume as one pickup at max.

I run all three at max and use the amp for volume.

Bass balances on a wide strap - I play using Todd Johnson's floating thumb technique so can't tolerate a neck heavy bass.

Haven't weighed the bass, but I expect it is about 10 pounds. About the same as my Conklin 7 strings.

RJM

The Eristic likes this.
  14. Ah, thanks for the info. That's too heavy for me, unfortunately. I can't handle more than 9 and really should be going even lighter, which is the only reason I'm selling this one.

15. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
    Sent you a PM, I have a pretty lightweight 6 string fretless, it's a US Masters B6 I believe. IMG_3412.JPG

16. Available with case or gig bag?

Thanks,

RJM

17. Would love a nice Fender Urge I plus some cash or Ric 4004 or a Kinal 5 or...?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  18. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    PM'd

19. This is as low as I can go shipped/Paypal'd. Still interested in trades, though!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  20. over a year and this is still here?.....someone grab it, please!, great bass

The Eristic likes this.