Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DLM, Jan 27, 2005.

1. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    Was Pete there showing his wares? If so, can you post some pics?

Thanks...

2. I'd like to see some too. He wouldn't have had his own booth. He might have had some instruments at the Bartolini booth though. Anybody photograph any of the basses at Bartolini?

Here are some from a few years ago, at least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (ever seen a finer looking headstock?)

- Dave

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    ....WOW! Now THAT is art you can play with.

4. Can, and do.

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D :D

- Dave

5. dont

dont

Jul 25, 2004
    dontwyman@lycos.com
    I am the proud and very happy owner of a Hanewinckel Signature NT 5. Pete's work plays and sounds every bit as great as it looks. Ordering from him is a learning experience and a pleasure; he will take the time to discuss tonal characteristics of different woods and combinations thereof as well as matching them appropriately for appearance, balance, and weight. His discussion of pickup placement with me in regard to my tone preference resulted in exactly the killer tone I wanted and a beautiful instrument.

6. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I think you might be serious about this music thing! :bassist:

7. Sounds like Pete. :) He will talk with you in depth about every aspect of the instrument and make recommendations but will always build what you tell him to build. Frankly, I leave most of the decisions up to him because I trust his judgement better than I do mine. :D

Actually, most of my Hanewinckels were fully designed by him. Two were his personal basses (the neck-through 6-strings). The 7-string neckthrough is the demo of the Arpeggio body style that was consigned to Bass Alone many years ago. The 6-string semihollow/piezo/nylon-core/midi bass was one which I think was like a prototype semi-hollow that he made for himself. The two 7-string bolt-ons were commissioned by me and I chose the body styles and top-woods but let him pick the other woods based on my tonal preferences.

- Dave