Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel Classic Vector 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, May 2, 2004.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  2. Very pretty Boogie! Mahogany body? Rosewood fingerboard?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    So many nice Hanewinckels for everybody but SuperDuck. :(

4. Nice one! Three of my Hanewinckels were Pete's personal instruments. Though, I think that the semi-hollow nylon-core stringed one may have been more of a prototype. The two neck-through six-strings were Pete's personal basses for many years.

- Dave

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Solid Mahogany body and Wenge board. Full description is with the review. It's not light but what a tone! :cool:

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That could change, you know! ;)

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm so laughably poor, it's not even... er... laughable. I'm a senior in college signing my life away in student loans. Maybe in a few... decades. :D

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    These basses only get better with age! ;)

9. I love the figuring on that piece of Mahogany. Very nice!

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, me too. Thanks! :cool:

11. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    That's the one you want to sell to me really cheap right? :D

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You know, I actually did have in mind to sell this bass...before I played it on a rock gig last Saturday! :p Quite honestly, I don't see how I could possibly part with it now. As you can tell by the review, I was knocked out by it. So, even though this 5 and the other 6 I got at the same time were both potentially "on the block," they may both actually end up keepers. If I did sell either, however, the price would be WAY reasonable as I don't have that much in either. What to do? :meh: