Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel Guitars at NAMM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Jan 21, 2003.

1. I heard that a few TB'ers met Pete Hanewinckel at the show. Did anybody get any pictures? I didn't make it this year.

I also heard that a Conklin-endorsed player tried out a Hanewinckel 7-string. Was that you JT? What did you think?

Pete had some really sweet ones at the Bartolini booth last year. I assume that's where he was this year.

- Dave

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, that was me. he had a very nice walnut 7. played great, spacing at the nut was great, all around excellent instrument, and a real nice guy too. with the benevente 7 that i played, it was the top instrument of the show for me (outside of the conklin booth ;) ).

3. Cool! Great to hear that you liked it. Was it this one:

[​IMG]

?

- Dave

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that certainly looks like it.

5. Probably was. Pete usually sends me pics of stuff he takes to NAMM.

Did you play that Conklin 9-string?

[​IMG]

I would have loved to try that one out. I played a 9-string Warrior at NAMM a few years ago.

- Dave

6. JT can't handle a 9 string. :D

7. :D

BTW, that's SpankBass' pic. I should have credited it. Sorry.

- Dave

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i played bill dickens' bass. pretty light - using pawlonia (sp?) wood for the body helped in that department.

the bridge was custom made. i think mike at conklin told me that it was 15 mm spacing :eek: i like em tight, but that was a bit too tight for me. bill likes tight spacing, though, so that's what he got.

i love the paintjob - the pic doesn't do it justice at all. if someone said they were going to make a bass in green and purple, you'd probably be right to expect it to be ugly, but this was really nice, imo.

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i agree with JT, Pete is a SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER nice guy!

didn't have a chance to talk to him this year, sorry to say.

and his basses have this otherwordly playability.

almost TOO easy!!!!!!!!!

:)

nice to have so many great builders near me in socal.

f

10. I wish I could try one of his basses, but they're not easy to find in Ohio...:( They definitely LOOK great, and Pete always seems like a nice guy in his e-mails. He once responded to one of my e-mails with TONS of pics and LOTS of information. Now if only I could try one of his basses...:oops:

11. shenager

shenager

Apr 23, 2011
    the best bass i have ever played. ive had mine for years and nothing is easier to play and sounds as rich. Pete is a very kind man and i can never thank him enough.

Attached Files: