Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel Guitars web site

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Aug 18, 2002.

1. If anyone has tried reaching Hanewinckel Guitars' web site via www.hguitars.com recently you may have found some lame dotster.com page instead. Well, those jackasses screwed up his url forwarding feature. Until he gets his domain transferred to a real registry service and away from those incompetents you can access the site via the original URL at:

http://www.hanewinckelguitars.com/

To keep this on-topic, here's a few Hanewinckel bass pics. Number 4 should be on its way soon! I'm buying Pete's old personal fretless 6-string neck-through. Should be sweet. My next custom job will be a 9-string. Take that JT. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

- Dave

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Congrats on the new one coming. Is it one we've seen before? I can't remember any pics of fretless 6es on the site other than his new Signature model.

Too bad about the web-forwarding thing. I'd noticed it acting flaky lately.

3. Nice pictures Dave! The fretless 7 really grabs me.

4. Thanks! I think this one shows off the Walnut top better:

[​IMG]

and this one too:

[​IMG]

- Dave

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Seen your other Hanies, but not that fretted 6. Nice quilt on it. Beautiful guitars, all of them.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I just won this one this one on ebay ($500, if you are wondering ;) )

[​IMG]

7. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Eh, its just a lamer 4-string. :p

Congrats, man. Have fun with it. :)

8. Great! That bass lists for $1600.

- Dave

9. In case anyone is looking for a Hanewinckel six string fretless...see my ad in the classified section. I have reduced my price by $500.00!
    Tim

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool. when will you be getting it?

11. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    IMO, these basses win BEST LOOKING. Style and woods are stunning.

12. Not sure yet. I'll have to decide on whether I want to have some custom Bartolinis made or use a 4-string and 5-string pickup together in a P-bass type configuration. If I do customs then it will be a long, long way off. Otherwise, it will depend on how quickly I can pay it off. Either way, it will probably be at least 6-9 months.

- Dave

13. Thanks! That's Pete Hanewinckel's old bass. He let me borrow it a few years ago to record these Bach clips:

http://www.jsbach.net/bass/1007-prelude-071099.mp3
    http://www.jsbach.net/bass/1007-sarabande-070899.mp3
    http://www.jsbach.net/bass/1004-allemande-071499.mp3
    http://www.jsbach.net/bass/1004-courante-070899.mp3

Check out the top on this one! This is Pete's new personal bass:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hguitars.com is still having problems. It's been moved over to Earthlink but they don't have it pointing to the right place yet. :rolleyes:

- Dave

14. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Dave, i'm diggin' the mp3 clips. Those are from the bach cello suites, right?

15. Thanks. The first two are from Cello Suite number 1 in G Major. The second two are from Partita number 2 in D minor for solo violin.

I'm still working on those ( and the other solo cello and violin works ). One of these days I'll record some more. I didn't really like how those turned out so I don't post them very much.

- Dave

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Those are killer basses!

Is there anyone on TB that I should talk to about having a custom Hanewinckel built?

Im looking for someone to build me a double neck fretted5 /fretless 5, with a wenge neck, and a body made of wenge with maybe some zebrawood, purpleheart or walnut.

Peace
    Nick

17. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Well, Dave G., Malthumb, and I have owned Hanewinckels for a while. There are a couple other folks around who I've seen bought one recently.

The guy to talk to about having one built though, is Pete Hanewinckel! :) Looks like pete at hguitars.com is the new contact email? according to the website. Wonder if that's working.

I guess, for the record :D I should show mine again:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks!

Is Pete a TBer?

I think everyone should join TalkBass, its just such a great helpful comunity.

Peace
    Nick

19. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I have to say it (again) - Dave's walnut Fusion fretless is definitely one of the prettiest basses I've seen. Me want!