Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel Signature Ceres 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Sep 16, 2005.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This is the other bass I bought from Pete a few weeks ago when I got the Pro 4. Details:

* Signature Ceres 5
    * Bolt-on 9 pc. Maple/Walnut neck
    * Pau Ferro fingerboard
    * Ash body with Walnut mid lam
    * Flame/Spalt Maple top
    * Bartolini soapbar pickups with Bartolini 3-band, 18v preamp
    * 3-positon midrange toggle
    * Vol/pan/bass/mid/treble
    * 8.5 lbs

I'll gig it for the first time on the 25th, most likely. Review to follow. Initial impression: sweet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    awe inspiring bass my man, congrats

3. The headstocks on those look massive to me, do they suffer from nosedive at all? I'm just curious, i've seen pics of their basses on bassalone.com, and have wondered.

It does look to be quite the beauty btw.

4. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Beautiful ... I've always thought Pete Haniwinkle's basses are some of the nicest looking designs and executions out there

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Not in the slightest. Perfectly balanced.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, man. I've had a pretty good run lately! ;)

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Looks yummy, boogie!!!

:D

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Gracias, Mark. Looking forward to gigging it.

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Yes, tasty indeed!

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, Taylor. How's that latest sixer working out for you?

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Very well. Haven't had time to play it as much as I'd like lately. Just got some new strings on it though and it sounds soooo good. :)

12. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Nice!

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, Cliff. I will definitely work up a review after this upcoming weekend's gigs.

14. I played a very similar one at LAG last Sunday. Not my personal tone, but very, very nice... good balance, high quality construction and massive mid punch. It was the model with the combined set/glued and bolt-on neck.

15. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks. I'd be surprised if one couldn't dial up just about any "personal tone" that can be dreamed up on Pete's basses, however. They are sonically about as versatile as anything out there.

BTW, I think he calls the combination set/bolt-on neck the GST, as in "glued, screwed and tatooed." ;)

16. That's the one. It was cool and did sound great... had that big warm Bart-type humbucker sound... I'm more of a single coil guy at the moment. However, I didn't spend much time with it... there might have been a coil tap, etc. All in all, it was really fine! :)

17. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  18. Boogie,
    REALLY beautiful bass! I can't decide if I like the spalt or the killer ash more! ;)

Does Pete do jazz pickups at all? I never see anything but soapbars, and never anything but Barts. Does he do anything else? If so, do you have any pics or links?

Thanks

19. You have very fine tastes. It looks beautiful.

Matthew

20. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I have four of Pete's basses with Bart J's; two 4's, a 5 and a 7. Peruse some of these threads for pics:

Boogiebass Hanewinckel Posts