Hanewinckel Vintage Reactor 5 - Sunset Orange Pearl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, May 21, 2005.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Responding to my request for a very light fiver (shoulder problems persist), Pete Hanewinckel crafted this little beauty for me.

• 3-piece, bolt-on maple neck
    • Birdseye maple board
    • Poplar body
    • Bartolini J pickups
    • Bartolini 3-band preamp w/vol-blend-bass-mid-treble
    • 3-way midrange selector toggle
    • Hipshot bridge and tuners
    • Dunlop straplock system
    • Poly finish, Sunset Orange Pearl on body/cover/headstock face
    • Long B headstock
    • 34" scale
    • 7 lbs.

Just got it yesterday so I'll do a complete Gear Review after I gig it twice next weekend. It has a very strong upper register and plays beautifully.

I'll post some better pictures soon.

List price, including a padded gig bag and leather strap with Dunlops was $2564.70 before tax. Pete does typically offer a discount, at his discretion.

DISCLAIMER: Despite the fact that I own a veritable room full of Pete's basses, I do not work for him, nor do I profit from any sales. I endorse his basses strictly based on my personal preferences and I use his instruments on gigs because they suit my purposes. I also consider Pete a good friend and enjoy playing instruments made by hand by someone with his skill and attention to detail. Additionally, I like the idea of playing instruments in the geographical area where they're made--don't ask me why!

2. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Wow, very nice! The Birdseye fingerboard is fantastic and one of my favorite colors is orange. I'm sure it will play and sound as good as it looks.
  3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    I'm liking that colour! I was just checking out his site yesterday but didn't see anything that grabbed me, but that's got my attention. Is there an internal trim pot for the mid switch?
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, the color is a new one from Dupont. The mid switch is fixed at 250/500/800, I believe.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thank you. I'll post some better pics soon that will show off the board more effectively! :D
  6. Jeez that bass is funky, I love it.
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, I asked Pete to built it as light as he possibly could. Pretty much a feather! ;)
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A few extra pics, these from Pete:

9. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I love orange instruments (all three of my electric guitars are orange). That's really a nice one.
  10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Awesome stuff man. I can attest to the quality of Boogie's Hanewinckel basses. I still can't get over how great that seven string sounded.
  11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, guys. I'm really looking forward to airing this one out on two gigs this upcoming weekend! ;)
  12. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Man that's sweet! That's the color I've been lusting after for my fox body Mustang!
  13. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks. The pics don't really do it justice, I must say! ;)
  14. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I bet that thing slaps like a monster!
  15. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Astute observation, my friend! ;) Slap tone is one of its main attributes. Once I put it through the paces this weekend, I should have a good idea of its overall qualities.
  16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nice!!! Love the color!!

17. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    That's beautiful. You don't happen to drive this, do you?

Attached Files:

18. Great looking bass, Boogie! Has kind of a racing car vibe to me with the red body and the other "accents" :cool:

Does it have kind of a jazz vibe to it, or is it more of a "generic Bartolini" tone?

And we all want to know -- what will you do with all the many-stringed basses you own? Hope your shoulder gets better so you can enjoy them again!!!!!! :hyper:
  19. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Oh yeah, jazz vibe for sure. So far, having a bunch of great basses on hand hasn't proven to be much of a problem for me! ;)
  20. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    :D No, but that looks pretty close! :cool: