Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckels for Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by malthumb, Aug 6, 2004.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I have decided to let go of one or both of my Hanewinckels. Nothing that they did or didn't do. They've been very well behaved, and they get along well with the other kids in the class (two Alembics and a Marchlewski) but it's time to reduce class size. I'd be looking for $1,700 for either. Since they are siblings (consecutive serial numbers) and would like to stay together I can accept $3,200 for the pair.

[​IMG]

They are consecutive builds. Here's the skinny on them....

0498: Artist model, Arpeggio body style, Fretless 6 string, ash body, quilted maple top, pau ferro fingerboard.

0598: Artist model, Ceres body style, fretted 6 string, ash body, maple top (more flame than quilted, but some of each), pau ferro fingerboard. Was signed by Gerald Veasley (barely legible) and Nathan East (very legible)

Both have Bartolini pickups and 3 band eq electronics. 0598, the fretted one, also has the series / parallel pick up switch.

Peace,

James

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The fretted is a neck-through, and the fretless is bolt-on, correct?

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice pair o' Petebasses! Somebody is gonna be REAL happy... :cool:

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Geshel,

Correct. The fretted is neck-thru, the fretless is a bolt on (6 bolts, very firm set)

BTW all, I'm out of town on vacation and will only be tapping into TB briefly once in a while (hmmm, beach or computer, beach or computer? Easy call). I do have my Marchlewski with me for late night woodsheddin'.

Any questions on either bass please post here or email me at martinjlm@aol.com and wait patiently. I will reply.

Peace,

James