hangover cure

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gulice, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    anyone know a good remedy for a hangover?
  2. just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    Bright lights and loud noises.
  3. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    About a six pack...........but really not a healthy choice:rolleyes:
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I like: Tylenol + Ranitidine

but that's me...

also traditional Mexican food helps a lot

but then again i dont drink that often :)
  5. don't drink, best cure, i'm living proof!!!

seriously though, a light soup and/or milk for the stomach, advil for the head.
  6. I always find a sandwich with lots of mayonnaise, and a very oily pasta salad works for me.

Also, a sugary drink like Irn-Bru or Sprite helps.

Basically a hangover is dehydration so replace the fluids and you're halfway to beating it.

(I write this with too much alcohol in me...... I love being a music student :rolleyes: :D )
  7. i hear that breathing oxygen does wonders....

if you can get yourself a bottle of oxygen and one of those little facemasks, you'll be feeling like a million bucks right directly, or so i've heard.

i wish i had some O2 right now...

8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Drink lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of water. Drink water while you're drinking the night before. (If you remember.)
  9. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    b complex vitamins. (can take it the night before, too) plus lots of water. most of the hangover feeling comes from dehydration.

but um...people tell me that if you don't drink, you don't get a hangover. i'll have to try that some time! ;)

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    tomato or vegetable juice.

Another tip:

Start the morning with the kind of drink you ended the night with. :D
  11. Hangovers are because your body doesnt have enough water to complete the Kreb's cycle. It's the same thing as dehydration, and therfore should be treated the same way. A lot of people say pedialite (the stuff for babies who've got diarreah (sp?)) works wonders, because it's main purpose is to hydrate the body, and add "special" neccessary minerals.

Many people dont know that it's not the boo's that give you the hangover- directly anyways... It's the raised blood temperature, mixed in with the extra activities people normaly do when they're drunk. Therefore, you sweat a lot more, hence dehydration. Ever notice the more "Wild" your night, the bigger the hangover?
  12. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
  13. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    oh yeah... gatorade usually makes me feel a little better too.
  14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    The best hangover cure is to drink more:D
  15. Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    ya, unfortunatley i got no vitamen b complex. only thing i got is advil, so i took that and a few gallons of water. Next time im gonna go with that whole not drinking cure
  16. you need the vitamin B baby

vitamin Beer that is
  17. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Couple 'fixers'(beers) in the fridge next morning, tomato and staying up 'til the buzz wears off, those are my cures.

Dang, my neck is wrecked at the moment. I was at the funeral of local metal bar and moshing all around the place the whole night.
  18. I try to always be drunk, that way, no hangovers!
  19. I try to down a couple of real long glasses of water before i go to bed that night.

If I'm still feeling seedy in the morning I'll go for a walk and get a greasy hamburger. Not sure if this helps but it makes me feel better.
  20. Its a myth, don't believe them.