Hank the third?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
  2. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I like him. I dig the punky/metaly stuff more than the country stuff. I saw him play a year or two ago, and after an hour or two, he told all the people who were there to hear country music to leave, and then they rocked out for another hour with all this heavy stuff. He's blazingly fast on the guitar, and the rest of his band was pretty good too. It was a good show.

My friends and I met him after the show and he was really nice, he stood there shooting the bull with us for quite a while.

I've got the show on cds, maybe I could send you a couple mp3s or something...

A lot of his metal type songs are about getting high and drunk and stuff, and it's kinda immature, but his whole attitude makes me laugh, especially since he's using the "Hank III" name instead of whatever his real name is. Freakin out the squares...
  3. The First Hank Williams was the first punk rocker, it only makes sense his family follow in his footsteps.
  4. Hank III is Hank Williams 3rd, and is merely carrying on a great family tradition of singing (and living) a life of booze, women, drugs and music. I agree with BigWigWill, Hank Senior went completely against the convention of the music of the time (late 40's and very early 50's), and is still one of my favourite artists today. I think he would be proud of his grandson.