1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hanson chisonic replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by charismaticdog, Nov 2, 2013.

1. charismaticdog

charismaticdog

Aug 2, 2012
    I have an 09 Lakland Skyline Glaub with the Chisonic pickup upgrade. Love the neck, but the pickup is not for me. I'd really like to get a more standard precision tone out of it.

Anybody know of a good drop-in replacement?

I'm not excited to route the body and buy a new guard to put a stock precision pup in there.

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Do you mean it has the neo punch?

Does it have a standard P route?

I would consider a Hanson vintage pickup.....I had fralins in the past and the Hanson vintage cops that tone extremely well.

Call Bo at Hanson pickups ( the web site has the phone number) and tell him the sound you are looking for....he can help....

Peace and good luck

3. charismaticdog

charismaticdog

Aug 2, 2012
    Definitely a chisonic pup. See attachment. Looking for a p-sounding soap bar to replace it to avoid a re-route.

Attached Files:

4. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    You know, those Chi-Sonics have a die-hard, almost cult-like following. If you're looking for a P, why not try trading for what you're after? Or if you love the neck that much, just do a body swap? FWIW, a P's a P, and there isn't a soapbar that I've heard that can satisfy that tone craving, you know?

As always, acronyms; and good luck!

Rob
    :bassist:

5. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Ahhhhh....I am SURE you would find a trade option out there for the Chid body!

Another option...I think a P pickup would fit in the same hole...obviously you would need a new pick guard but that is minor.

The Hanson vintage is still my recommendation...again Bo can tell you if a p pickup would fit