1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hanson P5 Pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jhfishn, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    I have a Hanson P5 pickup taken from a 2010 Lakland 55-64 for sale.

I don't know if it's the vintage model or neo-punch but is in very good condition

Terrible pictures but it's all my cell phone will do.

$60.00 shipped

Attached Files:

2. jhfishn

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    pictures have been added

3. FArfel

FArfel

Nov 23, 2011
    Trades?

4. jhfishn

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    wasn't thinking about trades when listing this but .....

what did you have in mind?

5. FArfel

FArfel

Nov 23, 2011
    What's neo-punch?

6. jhfishn

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    Hanson/Lakland

I have a LOG 55-64 bass which is really a limited run of 55-64 basses for folks in the Lakland Owners Group (hence - L.O.G.)

They only made 30 of theses basses in butterscotch blond (15 rosewood and 15 maple .... I have a maple) and they come with a certificate

They initially (from what I understand and could be wrong here) offered the bass with the Nordstrand P5 pickup since they hadn't had their own P5 ready and during that time eventually decided to offer their own P5 in vintage (more like the Nordstrand) or neo-punch after they were satisfied with it. From what I understand the neo-punch is more aggressive and modern sounding but I'm really not that familiar with either the vintage or neo-punch to be completley accurate. I am thinking this one is the neo since it's bright. I wanted a more old school sound to match my USA Lakland Bob Glaub 4 string with Lindy Fralin pickups so I had a Nordstrand ordered and installed after market.

The bass I have (I actually trade into it and am not the original owner) came with this pickup and the "birthdate" on the serial number says 1011 meaning October 2011 so it's a relatively new pickup from what I gather.

Again ... I am not the original owner so I can't really be quite sure.

That's the story .............. :D

7. PM Sent.

8. jhfishn

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    SOLD and heading south for the winter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.