Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

happening gig trade in NY....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Warning: I'm going to bump this thread many times unless people leave some response cuz I want everyone to see it. It'll be my first offense of doing such a thing... with that outta the way.....

We're doing an all day Nerve! holiday party in Coney Island Bklyn on Saturday Dec. 20th. It's an all ages show, and there's gonna be lots and lots of people there. I'm looking to trade with an out of town band for another happening gig, ie. good gig on a weekend in a club that has a guarantee of lots of people.

If you're within several hrs. driving time, wanna play, and can get The Nerve! to do a show with you - please respond. We prefer rock, punk, pop punk, alternative, goth, energetic, young bands. There's gonna be lots of kids that don't go for the blues, or anything even remotely laid back.

Please keep this thread alive for a while with a smiley or something.

Thanks lots.

2. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    thank you. you are kind. :)

3. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Sucks that i'm not close, that would be a good deal. Oh well, good luck with this.... oh and....:ninja::bassist:

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Joe, when my band gets a full sets worth of originals, I am going to look you up for a gig swap. We're dying for an excuse to go check out NYC, and a gig would be the perfect deal. I guess there's a cool place in Meadville, PA. that treats bands well, and we have an open invitation to gig there....not sure how far it is from NYC though. I'll get in touch if I can put something together soon...

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I'd like to swap gigs with ya, but I can't make it over to NY anytime soon. However, this bump is on me. :p

Let me know if you ever do make it down to Cali, I'll hook you up with something. :D

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    cool. just about anywhere in pa is doable for us.

i get 2 free bumps outta this one. :)