1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY BILL COSBY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 5StringBlues, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This got no replies. Shocker.

2. Somehow missed this - The Cosby Show was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I don't remember the name of it, but when I was a small child he also hosted some sort of educational show on PBS where he taught basic stuff (think Sesame Street, if every character was Bill Cosby) that I watched religiously. I think it also had cartoons played intermittently - it might have been a 70s or 80s show replayed in the early 90s.

Now that I'm older, I need to go back and check out his comedy albums.

3. Happy Birthday Bill!

4. Bill Cosby "Himself" shows a true comedian in action. He doesn't *need* to rely on vulgarity to get a laugh such as the one trick ponies like Dice Clay or Lisa Lampanelli. That shows a blatant lack of creativity, IMO. Their schtick gets old and redundant quick, IMO.

5. This. Cosby, Bob Newhart, and Jonathan Winters never fail to crack me up.

"Fat Albert" was my favorite cartoon as a kid, and "I Spy" was not only a great show to watch.but significant in that his character was not specifically written for a black actor, and Cosby earned the part on his own merit, which was rare in the 60s.

Happy B'Day Mr. Cosby.

6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I just wish that there were more people who knew that there was Bill Cosby before "The Cosby Show." I personally love the Bill Cosby-Sidney Poitier movie trilogy (Uptown Saturday Night, Let's Do It Again, and A Piece of the Action). Those movies give you a taste of the '70s "street" Cosby.