Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy as can be

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blaire, Mar 2, 2005.

1. blaire

blaire

Jul 15, 2003
    The land of Rice
    Hey guys, I have a stingray 4 and I love it. Im so happy with it , I couldnt imagine anything else.(well,maybe a ray 5) Does anyone else feel the same about their gear? I read about all the gas some guys have but I just dont have any,...at the moment anyway. :)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love my Sterling like that. MMmmm:)

3. I would if I had a Stingray, although my current bass is no slouch (Lakland DJ4).

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I feel the same about my gear. Best of luck

Rob

5. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    "ME FOUR"
    I've been playing 23 years now and have owned 5 bg's, I still have 3 of them...
    Financial stress, illness and major stylistic changes aside, more often than not when a high end bass is for sale it is because it's the wrong bass(for them). Your bass is your voice as an musician, as if you were vocalist..

6. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    For some reason, although I have a couple of basses, and my studio owns several more I could borrow any time I want, I just can't keep my hands off my (pre-Gibson) Steinberger. I don't know the model number, but it's got the full-size body. The neck/action/body fits me better than any clothing I've ever worn, and the sound is exactly what I think a bass should sound like, regardless of where I've got the knobs set or what style I'm currently playing. Does that count as love?

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I hear you. While I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my new DJ5, I'm still a huge fan of my Steinberger XL-2. I just love the balance, the feel, etc., which makes it so darn comfortable, like a pair of jeans I've have forever (I've owned it since 1988). I'd sell almost anything else I own, maybe even live out of my car before I'd sell it. :D

8. Rob,

IMHO, you have one of the most enviable collections of basses on TB. The Fender Jazz and Precision are SWEET! And the Sadowsky's...well...they're just plain KILLER!

Kez

9. blaire

blaire

Jul 15, 2003
    The land of Rice
    I was just thinking...I hope this doesnt stir up new gas for some people!!!!

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just got minor Lakland 44-02 or 4-94 GAS :p Dunno why. Doesnt matter, i dont have money anyway :smug:

11. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I coulnd't be happier, either. I haven't had GAS since I picked up my FBB a little over a year-and-a-half ago.

12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I also dig my fretless 1980 Stingray.
    I just wish Musicman would make there 5-string,
    with 19mm spacing.
    I love the sound.
    I find the 17.5 on the SR-5 to constricting.

13. i am in love with my MIM Jazz. I don't know why, it just feels right in my hands, and no other jazz that ive tried has felt this good, although my recent purchase of a MIA Jazz V deluxe is comming close. the thing is it is all a fluke that this bass feels so good to me. when i bought it(like any other musical equiptment) my mom is impatient in music stores and just wants to get in and out so i just picked it up and played maybee a minute nd said sure lets go.