1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy Birfday Georynn

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Happy birfday (on Tuesday) to Georynn, a cool TB'er who saved my butt last year from getting a massive beatdown by my step-sis! Haha

Have a good one, bro! :cool:

2. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    Thanks Eric, man it was no sweat... I love helping out a fellow bassist, and a very cool guy...:bassist:

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    [​IMG]

4. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    beer-birthday-cake-771904.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California

well well, this sounds like an interesting story!

do tell.

6. Haha. Naw, it's nothing juicy. When I was living in Denver last year, my step-sister's computer was riddled with viruses (viri?), and was just an absolute dog. I tried cleaning it up, but a few of the critters were too persistent for me. Step-sis said she only had a crapload of data on there (no programa that mattered or anything) and that I could just reformat once she backed everything up. Well, she said she would that night. Well, the next day, I start the reformat, and maybe 2 minutes into it, I asked her how backing everything up went. She was like "What??? I thought you were going to do that?!?". I immediately stopped the reformat, but the MFT had already been wiped out and I could no longer boot from the disc, and the disc wasn't even recognized when plopped in another system. I tried running Ubuntu Live, and that didn't work either. I was totally out of ideas. Step-sis was a crying mess. ALL of the pics (thousands and thousands) of her kids and family where on there. Apparently, backing stuff up is silly to her! :rolleyes:

Well, I enlisted the help of the TB clan, and Georynn sent me my solution... I was able to boot to windows from the CD he sent me, and kinda *build* a MFT running from the CD long enough to locate the folders I needed and swap the data to a flash drive. It was a painstakingly long process, but it saved the day. Without his help, she would have been screwed, and she probably would have hated me, even though it was NOT totally my fault. Sure, I should have double checked with her before I went all willy-nilly wiping everything out, but I assumed she did what she said she was gonna! lol

So, there ya have it. ;)

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Happy Birthday to my favorite virtual barkeep!

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Happy Birthday good buddy!:bassist:

9. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    Thanks everybody! i had dental surgery for my birthday, and I'm pretty drugged up, but this thread has made my day. Thank you all my Bass playing buddies!!!:bassist:

10. A day late, & I don't really know you, but I hope you have a good one anyway. :cool:

11. Happy birthday to a combo amp provider :bag:

:D

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Happy b-day dude!! :D

13. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Happy (belated?) Birthday man :)

14. Happy Barfday!

15. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    Thanks Everybody! This thread really made an otherwise crappy :atoz: day very cool.

Thank you my bass playing brethren! :bassist:

16. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Better than no present, I suppose!:D

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm glad to hear you got some oral.......... surgery for your birthday. :ninja:

18. bwahahhahahahaha! That's a good one, I'm going to sig it. :D

Happy birthday to the guy with an avatar from Fallout 3!

19. Happy Birthday! yeah, a little late I know.