Happy Birthday Bard2dBone!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thinking of you, Jul 7, 2004.

1. You might be getting up there in age, but you're still cool in my book! :D so, without further ado...
  2. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

bard2dbone is an 8 y/o girl named Jessica?
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow..who knew Bard's real name was Jessica. I figured you for a Myrtle personally.

brad cook
  4. I have no idea what you guys are talking about :rolleyes:
  5. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Okay, now I'm lost.
  6. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Actually I am neither a Myrtle nor a Jessica. Although a confused patient called me Sara the other day. I suspect if she had opened her eyes she would have been alarmed.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. This is a traumatic birthday. I'm 40 now. Damn. Getting old ain't fer sissies.

And for coolest birthday present in a very loooooooooong time: My wife, daughter, my wifes best friend(She just had her birthday and got no party. So she came to dinner with us.) and I went to dinner today, at the Reata. Good food but pricy. My cellphone started ringing. A voice I had not heard in quite some time called me up to offer a spot in a band. He had been asked to be the drummer. They also asked if he knew a good bass player and the first guy he thought of was me.

This is cool because this guy is not someone I had worked with before. I just knew him. He was a friend of the drummer from my old band. He would come to several of our shows and even practices. He was one of less then a couple dozen people that knew the names to all our songs. My wife didn't even know all the titles.

So anyway, he has an acquaintance who has a good voice and a producer that wants to work with her. The producer wants her to do some gigs to get used to performing in front of people, not just in the studio. And I was the first name he was offered on bass.

Pretty cool since I haven't done a gig, other than a wedding, for a few years. :hyper:
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    B B B B Bard, B B B B Bard2dbone! :bag:
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Happy birthday!

It would be cool if your name was actually Jessica though.
  9. Happy 40th Dr.Weil. :D

Congrats on starting your fifth decade on the Earth.

It only gets better, man. :cool:

Many more in good health.

Mike ;)
  10. a man of many stories, many funny funny stories. :D

happy bday tuff guy! :cool:
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Jess or Jessica has a nice ring to it.

Happy B day!!
  12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Happy Birthday, Bard! My favorite bearded old dude turns 40 today.... :bawl: ... it seems only yesterday... :bawl: ... they grow up so fast!
  13. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, happy b-day Bard!!! What's wierd is, 40 didn't bug me as much as I thought it would.
  14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Only way late ...

but the best!

Thanks for the nice recipes ...

My scale wants to kill your bass ....