1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy birthday, Entwistle.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Frohman, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Frohman

Frohman

Nov 24, 2009
    Just thought I'd congratulate the Ox with his day and throw this vid up while I'm at it. The guy would've been what, 66?

It's such a shame we never get to see performances like that, ever again. When he throws his pick away and his fingers start going a it... Man, that guy was really something. Deeply missed.

Happy birthday, John.

2. Big chicken

Big chicken

May 25, 2010
    In Space
    Happy birthday John When it thunders next I will listen.
    (he was born on the 9th)

3. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    He is one of the greatest; absolutely one-of-a-kind. I doubt we'll see the like ever again.

Happy birthday, Ox.

:bassist:

4. There are several birthdays on October 9:
    John Lennon - 1940,
    John Entwistle - 1944,
    Jackson Browne - 1948.

5. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    And me 10/9/55.

6. Happy birthday, Pedro!

7. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Thanks. It's always been a source of great pride to share a birthday with Lennon. And Ox too.

8. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    I've got Sam Yaffa, so I can't complain too much. But two days later and I'd have Roger Waters.

Happy Birthday Pedro and The Ox!

9. apa

apa

Mar 28, 2010
    Glastonbury, UK
    Happy Birthday Ox
    Gave me goose bumps when I first heard him at 14, Gave me goose bumps today when I put on 'Real me'!!

A

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021