Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy Birthday, Geezer

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Boplicity, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Terry "Geezer" Butler turns 54 years young today, July 17, 2001!

2. Oh.....i thought we were going to talk abou the other GEEZER, the one who just turned 33...J/k

I can't stop listening to Paranoid...that song kicks ass....

3. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    "I tell you to enjoy life
    I wish I could
    But it's too late"

That song does kick the ass.

Happy Birthday you geezer, Geezer.

4. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Wow... now the nickname makes sense. Geez is the man! He can make metal groovy!

5. trussman

trussman

Jun 16, 2001
    Alvin,Texas
    dude since youre a sabbath fan maybe you can help, one day while foolen around at this site or bass tab archieve looking up 'bassically' i was slammed to site in REAL format with that spinning REAL symbol that had a bunch listings and one of them was Geezer Solos I didnt get a chance to look at it cause my boss sudenly took interest in what i was doing, now i have a comp. at home and cant find my way back.PLEASE HELP A FELLOW HIPPIE OUT> if you can

6. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    What are you looking for Trussman? Bassically? You could download it off Audiogalaxy (Or whatever MP3 finder you think is cool). Or on Sabbath's first album and Sold our Souls for Rock N' Roll (at least on vinyl) Bassically is right Before NIB. Does Geezer have any other solos? Because I'm definatly a fan. A really cool/underated Sabbath song, "Solitude" off Masters of Reality. Really beautiful song, the bass is simple but fits so well, great song, great bassist, great band.

7. trussman

trussman

Jun 16, 2001
    Alvin,Texas
    Thanks Frizz for the reply. What origanly I was looking for was the tab to bassicallyand somehow "from one of these two sites"was slammed somewhere else. I was curious if someone else with more tab surfing experience knew what I was tring to describe. I wasn't able to save it to my faves. before I had to leave. I also am a Geezer who wants to know it all.

8. einstine

einstine Guest

Jul 22, 2001
    US OF A
    yeah that gezza is amazing but who nos what base the crazy ass plays