Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy Birthday Mr Flea !

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Michael Peter Balzary was born October 16th, 1962 in Melbourne, Australia.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He's an Aussie? That explains a lot, including his dental issues :)

3. happy b'day

although it scares me that all my fave artists are getting old and the only music i am taking to lately was made a long time ago

4. Here's to the funkiest monk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

(PS: I just rented Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas....can anyone tell me the scene where he's in? Last time I saw it I wasn't quite...straightminded :p )

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He's in the scene where Hunter is having a flashback to when he's younger and in a club. When he goes into the bathroom, Flea's there, and they snort some coke off of Flea's hand, and permanently mentally scar a businessman.

6. THAT'S HIM????????

WOW!

(didn't they snort it off of Hunter's sleeve though?)

7. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    Thats funny I killed a man in a restroom in las vegas.....:mad: STOP STARING AT ME!!!!

Just kidding:D

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Happy birthday Mr. Balzary.:)

9. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Actually they lick acid off Hunters red woolen shirt. The real Hunter is also in a scene right before that.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Geez, cut a guy a break! I haven't even seen the movie in three years. I was lucky enough to catch it in the theaters for the week it was actaully playing here in CT. Flea's role in The Big Lebowski was far superior anyways.

11. Congrats to Flea! 40 years and counting...

12. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tehehe, a fellow aussie is making it big!!

Happy birthday Mr Flea!!

(He was born in the same hospital as me!!)

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    your claim to fame?

:p

14. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Sorry. I think I have watched (and read) Fear and Loathing a few to many times. :)

15. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    ****in-eh from Canada

Happy Belated Birthday Master Funkiest Monk.. you ripp and will forever be my favorite :)