1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Happy Birthday Neil Diamond

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by charlie monroe, Jan 24, 2012.

1. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    My folks played his music a lot when I was young. Who hasn't tipped too many cans and scary-oak-eed Sweet Caroline?

Great entertainer. 70 today

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    And Joe Osborn on a lot of those great records!

John

3. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    I grew up with his songs and they were catchy for sure.I never thought about going to see him live.Well my friend Archer built his stage for him and toured with Neil. So on the San Francisco date he put me on the guest list .I gotta tell ya that guy has the ability to sing just to you.That's the best way I can discribe it. No many singers has that ability.I was very impressed with his show.Happy Birthday Neil ! All my friends said I was so lame going to a Diamond show,what do they know huh.There is a guy in the Bay Area called super Diamond and he has quite a following. Even Neil came up once to see him and said he loved it.

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
  5. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    He's leaving the status of a spring chicken! ;)
    WTG, and Happy Birthday Neal.

For you young pups, "The Jazz Singer" was hugely popular among MOR music fans, and it was a movie w/ a much played, music soundtrack!