1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Twospot, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Twospot

Twospot

Jan 1, 2012
    Toms River,NJ
    Today is my birthday and my amazing wife got me my first bass! I fell in love with a Schecter Diamond P Custom 4. I tried out a bunch of basses but this one just melded to me like it came out of the womb with me LOL. I have no amplification yet. I was going back and forth on that. We are in an apartment so I want to be somewhat courteous. If I was going to get a practice amp it will be the little Ampeg (I think its B-108). However I decided to try out the iRiffPort by Pocketlabworks to use with my iPad. Unfortunately GC was out of them so I ordered it and wont have it until mid to late next week. I am just starting to learn so I am looking forward to all your opinions and advice! Now off to the Schecter Owners Club thread to get me a number!!
    photo2.

2. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey man, Happy birthday and congrats. Also, the pandora px5d is a great little practice instrument.

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice! Those of us with birthdays so soon after Christmas usually don't get such nice presents. Mine is on Tuesday and I'm sure I won't be getting a new bass. Happy birthday and congrats on a great bass!

4. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Happy birthday! What a great present!!!

5. Twospot

Twospot

Jan 1, 2012
    Toms River,NJ
    Does it have a Slow Down Trainer?

6. Twospot

Twospot

Jan 1, 2012
    Toms River,NJ
    Yes my wife is pretty amazing and incredibly supportive. She is already onboard with knowing I will have numberous bases, gear, will buy sell and trade, etc.

7. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Congrats man, nice looking bass!

8. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Happy Birthday!! Sweet bass!!