Happy Father's Day, Dads!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WillPlay4Food, Jun 19, 2005.

1. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Today is my first father's day. Yay! Go me! :D I'm sure there are other dads out there, so here's a respect thread for all you dads out there.

Here's a pic of my son & I chillin' yesterday:

2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Happy Father's Day back at ya! I got a new guitar stand from my 13-year-old son (also a bass player), and a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt from his mother, my wife of 22 years. There's a baseball game on at noon which I intend to watch, and we're grillin' tenderloin for dinner. It don't get any better than this.

One sad note - my dad died on May 27, so this will be my first one without him. However, I think he would want me to carry on with my plans. That's the kind of dad he was.
  3. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Happy Fathers Day!

My day started by trimming, basting & seasoning a 6 lb. beef brisket & putting it on the slow smoker with apple wood.

In the mean time my wife is making me 2 different types of homemade ice cream & I'm enjoying my two kids.

Next, I'll try working on some great bass exercises that Todd Johnson gave me at Thursday’s clinic. (If you get a chance to sit under his teaching, jump on it)

You gents enjoy your day!

AccuGroove Professional Speaker Cabinets
  4. Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    Thankyou so very much for sharing that with me wilbs. Looks like you're having a great time. That's the best picture I've seen in ages
  5. 1 + Great pic :)
  6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Thanks guys! The credit should all go to Ben because his good moods are quite infectuous. :)
  7. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    "Hey, dad - happy father's day. By the way, I've got this huge load in my pants that isn't getting any warmer. You wanna do somthin' about it?"

"Sure, son. Just as soon as I stop fantasizing about the day you'll be changing MY diapers."
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Sounds like you're planning on rounding out the day with a massive corinary ;)

Dave, Ben looks great- he's really gotten his weight up!

I'm a stay-at-home father and I nanny my nephew/god-son four days a week, so I spent the day with them as usual. My wife came home from work with a bag of about twenty candy bars for me and a big ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. She also bought me a Shure Beta 57A mic and gave me $90 funny money for a present :)
    Here's my little lady Bella Grace and her cousin Gabe. He's a giant, by the way. He turns nine months old this week and he weighs about 27 lbs.
  9. Happy father's day to all.

Its such a lovely, an ultimately lucky thing to be a dad.

My heart goes out to all who are trying to be dads without success. I sometimes think our Hallmark holidays are quite insensitive.

But bryan and will, your kids are gorgeous!