Happy Father's Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, May 25, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The wife just bought me this as my Father's Day gift! Let's just consider it my project bass!

Brice Douglas 5 Natural
  2. do u think you could write a quick review when you get it. i have been looking into one of these for some time now, and am still not confident with the quality. how does it compare to say a fender MIM standard jazz 5(seeing as that was my other option)
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I surely will do a review!
  4. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    project bass! wow...I want a project bass for Father's Day too!!
    I know the Brice's are better quality than the SX...and I love my SX 5-string Jazz...it's been getting more playing time than I thought it ever would. :bassist:
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just got my new summer toy! First impression...............Pretty well made instrument for only $200!! Action is extremely low and the D string needs adjusting at the bridge [maybe] as it doesn't ring as loud as the rest of the strings. It could be the cheapo strings. Output is pretty hot for a passive. Most likely will change the pickups and maybe turn it into an active. Maybe not. String spacing could be wider but hey, this IS a $200 bass! The block inlays look good and authentic. After I put it through it's paces, I'll decide whether it's better than a/my MIM Fender.

6. ...she gotta a sister? ;)

Nice dad's day gift! Enjoy!

7. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Is she as heavy as people say? Those fat girls hurt your back! ;)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads on a new bass and cool wife :D .
  9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Man, don't do that! You scared me, making me think I missed father's day. :spit:

Nice bass, dude. Cool wives are the best.
  10. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Good thing you had clothes on to take the picture :p.

(a la "The don'ts of E Bay")

Edit: Just figured out the first pic wasn't yours. Oh well.

Still, congrats on the bass.
  11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Have not yet strapped her up. Doesn't seem to be any heavier than my Tobias. Will do a full review after my next gig on 6/19.
  12. Hey, it's not even father's day yet! :D Congrats!
  13. KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    I'm thinking about buying one to hot rod. Every thing seems cool but I'm hearing that the inlays and binding are painted on, Is this true? No biggie, for $200 what can a guy expect.

14. They may be painted, but I'd guess they are stickers. Unless they're really inlaid, that would be cool.