Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy, happy, happy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve Clark, May 8, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I just bought an EA iAMP800 and a Bergantino 115.

The sounds of my bass has just changed forever. :D :D :D :D

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    now, where do you live, and where can I find a spare key to your place... :ninja: :bag:

Or I could just house-sit for you.... ;)

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Congrats on the new compact rig! How's the low end on the Berg for you?

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I'm still getting to know the rig but it is night and day between my Hartke 3000 and Transporter 210 and 115. My goal was to get something more powerful and more compact. I wanted a rig that would work on a small jazz setting or a loud blues jam. I beleieve I have suceeded in that.

I went to Club Bass in Toronto and Dave Freeman was extremely helpful. Such a cool store. No big signage outside, easy to drive past unless you park and get out and look for it and once inside it's like a bass candy store.

It was just me in the store trying various combinations of gear. I tried the 322 and the 210 as well. For my purposes the 322 was too big . . . but very nice as well. I went with the 115 over the 210 becuase it seemd to have a bit more bottom but I have no doubt the 210 would be more than adequate. It will be a tough decision when I have to decide between another 115 or 210 later on. I also bought the Punch Factory compressor which is a nice addition for the higher volume.

I am looking for a system that can make a bass sound as good as it does in headphones. This rig gets me close to that. I am running the iAMP flat at the moment and I have much more low end than before. The bass is clean, lots of punch. And plenty of power. If I need more I can always upgrade to a 210 or another 115 but I won't need to do that for a while. The tuner is a great feature.

The week before I had tried a David Eden WT400 in a Hartke XLT as well as an Eden 410 and 115. At what didn't seem to be particularly high volumes the low B seemed to be too much for either the Hartke or Eden cabs. No sign of that on this new rig.

My wife noticed the difference right away. She said that my slapping sounds better than ever through this rig. Thanks honey.

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    congrats on a very nice rig! :bassist:

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congratulations on the great rig!

[I have been wanting to hear an iAmp-800 with my HT322.]

Down the road, the HT210 complements the HT115 very well.
    Together they should sound very comparible to the 322.

7. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice rig! Dave sure knows what he is doing. I am really glad that he became a Bergantino dealer. I think the iAMP heads match up perfect with the Bergie cabs! I think I am going to look into a couple Bergantino 1x12" cabs.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That should be a very nice match. You really owe it to yourself to hear those two together.

9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Nice score!!! I chose the 210 over the 115 initially. When I was ready to buy a second I was pretty sure I would get another 210. I A/Bd the 210/210 and 210/115 combination and ended up with the 115. The two speakers compliment each other quite nicely!! Welcome to club Berg! :cool: