Happy Mardi Gras!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dharma, Feb 28, 2006.

1. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Fat Tuesday is here.:hyper: :hyper:

And believe me, I'm gettin fat.

Anybody else drinkin at 2 in the afternoon?
  2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Not me, I am working.

I wish I had taken the day off.
  3. I'm with ya dude! I just wish I could've gotten a chance to go to New Orleans for it.
  4. You guys act as if it is some sort of legitimate holiday.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    The only legitimate holidays are the ones where you don't have to give a crap about anything, just chill out.

Screw Christmas.
  7. I'm glad you started this thread. I was going to, but have been busy all day. We spent the weekend on Canal (rented a hotel room). Without a doubt, probably the most conveneint Mardi Gras I've ever had. Small crowds, Baccus and Endymion rolled on the same night, and a 50 ft walk to the parade route.

I was interviewed by the Travel Channel, but they cut my bit (it aired tonight). Apparently my interview skills are on par with my bass playing. Lastly, our section of the crowd was the backdrop for some movie with Denzel Washington. The only downside was a stupid fight between two groups who felt they both should be standing on a particular piece of concrete on the street. These are plastic beads, people. No need to fight over them. As with these kinds of shennanigans, they were both from out of town.

I hope the rest of my bretheren who celebrate this kind of thing had a great Carnival season.