Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy Paddy's Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Leinad, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Yes, the holiday where people around the world go mad and get totally wasted, because it's what the Irish "do", and since their aunt's cousin 2ce removed once ate a potato, that means they're Irish too! While most of us over here sit at home and watch the parade on telly.

Despite my despisement of this holiday, I know for some reason celebrating the life of a Welshman means something to the non-Irish out there! Have a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day!

2. Aye to be sure! :smug:

My Pat was at home today "recovering" from laser surgery to remove a skin cancer. Which was probably a good thing, 'cos if he'd been at work today I would have given him St Pat's hell.

"I'm not no-one's bloody saint!" :mad: :p

3. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Aye!

Attached Files:

4. I'm just about to learn the last bloody song for my St. Patty's day one off gig. Should be a blast actually, I'm playing for an internationally touring celtic punk band. For some reason Ottawa especially goes absolutely INSANE for this holiday too, it's an hours lineup to get into the bars usually starting at about 10am.

5. My suname is 'Flynn' - minus the obligatory 'O' - as in O' Flynn - so I supose I should be celebrating - but I have a rehearsal tonight - so it'll just be the two bottles of wine and some Guinness then...

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    And it's my birthday too today :D Niiice

:ninja:

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    me too :cool:

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Happy Birthday then :cool:

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    same to you
    :bassist:

10. Cool, happy birthday then James 'n' Vorago!

Breithl√° Shona Duit [Breh-law Hunna Dit] is how it's said in Gaelic, I spose I should get in the mood...

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Happy Paddy's Day! :)

I'm a quarter irish by descent, and I'm going to celebrate by not drinking. :D

12. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    1/4 Irish here, therefore I can eat corned beef without shame. :hyper:

13. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Meh, modern times have commercialized all of the holidays. might as well go with it. if there is whiskey, guiness and irish music i will be there.

Everyone be safe tonight! live to play another day!

14. Dave, that picture is hysterical !!!! :D :D :hyper:

I'm showing it to people here at work and thay are cracking up big time.

Arrr Lads & Lasses, Happy Paddy's day to all, and save the drinkng (moderate) for the weekend. ;)

Happy birthdays to Vorago and James Hart.

Shout out to County Cavan.

Mike

A link on St. Patrick coming later.

15. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    100% Irish here, grandparents on both sides off the boat. This will be the first St Paddy's without my grandfather, I willhoist a couple in his honor.

Mike

16. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    1/4 Irish!

I still have the fiddle that my grandfather carried with him on the boat-ride to Canada from Ireland!

17. My St. Patricks day starts tomarrow, when I don't have to go to school the next day. I'm getting hammered

18. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    100% Irish!Bah I have to work tonight.Got drunk last night instead!Happy Pat's Day everyone!!

19. My last name is O'Connor; it's of German descent.

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thank You Saint Patrick