Happy Post

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassDude24, May 2, 2001.

1. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Sorry, I just had to post, too much in my life is going well right now. It is cool, my guitar player and I are doing "Live and Let Die" G&R style with the school band, and it is going to rock. In addition, another thing, today I officially became a professional musician. I took my DB to the studio for a session, worked for three hours, laid a few tracks down, and got sixty bucks, hah, I hope this can be my summer job (I wish).

So lets try to make this the positive thread, instead of bitching about something, say something about something that went well, or a problem you solved, instead of problems you have run into.

Oh yeah, one more thing, we are going to mix our demo Wed. so we will finally be able to give something of high quality to clubs.
  2. I'm getting all warm & tingly inside now.
    We might be recording the soundtrack for The Whereabouts of Wally Dudes on Saturday May 12th. One of my friends' dad has a band, and also owns a studio. I'm gonna have to call her in a couple hours to remind her to ask her dad if we can use the studio.
    Of course, we'd need a mixing guy, but her dad knows someone who can do that, too. I think it would boil down to funding. I've jammed in that studio once with some friends, and we were allowed to use it for free, so with any luck, we won't have to pay for renting the space. We'd probably have to pay the guy behind all the controls, but I'm sure if we all pooled our money, we could come up with enough.
    After recording a demo tape on the musical director's 4 track I just got this feeling like I wanted to record something else, only more professional-like. Hopefully, this'll be my chance! :)
  3. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    <marquee> :D Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy :D </marquee>

Classic Ren & Stimpy :)
  4. :D
  5. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Seeing how this seems to be the place for all sorts of joyous happenings...

6. Hooray!

I just did some budgeting for the summer, and it looks like I'll have upwards of C$1000 ($650 or so US funds) to spend on a bass, which is good, because I have my eye on a MIM Fender Jazz. Yay!
  7. This might be one of the better threads Ive read.

I found a real beat up DB at a pawn shop that is listed for $500, I know its worthless, but Im gonna offer like $80 or so, just so I can learn
  8. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Hey man, that is cool as hell, a lot of times beat up DB's make really cool furniture/artwork, whatever, if I had money I would buy some and just have them laying in the living room and stuff for atmosphere. It would be cool to hang some beat up guitars and stuff from the ceiling too.
  9. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Since this is the happy thread here it goes. I played the biggest gig of my life so far [500-750 people]-played Get Ready, YMCA, Loves Theme, & The Hustle for the TMS Pow Wow [end of year choir show] It felt cool. when the beatless act [played beatles songs but was Mr.Boz, Mr.Si, & Mr.Parthun] during Hey Jude the audience was doin the waving hand thing so since i was in the pit i lifted up my bass neck just high enough so that it could be seen & joined in & soon enough the whole pit was doin it. & i'm trying to figure out which rig i can afford for marching band [can make $900 workin for grandpa on farm + mow yards, allowance, & Birthday money] thats all
  10. I have a Danelectro Bellzouki electric 12 string from probably the 50's or 60's on a shelf in my room. I like it, it looks neat.
  11. Hmmm...
    This reminds me, I wanna get a bunch of those wall-mount things and just get a bunch of basses and hang 'em all over my walls instead of all the posters I've got on it right now. :p
    Of course, I'd also play every single one of 'em.
    But then again, most of my posters' color has faded from all the sunlight coming in through the windows during the day when I'm at school. Hmmm...

Well, it'd be nice to wake up every morning and be staring down (up?) the body and neck of a Warwick. Or a Spector. Or Rickenbacker. Or Warrior, or Conklin, or Zon, or PRS, or Alembic, or Modulus, or Pedulla, or Tobias, or...
    Ummm...yeah. You guys get the point. :D
  12. Yeah. Kinda, but I'd have everything on the walls. I'm afraid if I had too many on stands then I'd end up ruining the finishes & stuff when I dump my books on the floor. :p
    Maybe I should take a picture of my room so you know exactly how messy it is... :D:p
  13. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
  14. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Happy? Well, today's my last day in Houston, and I get to go back home to SF. (No offense to Houstonians, you have a fine fine city).
  15. life kicks ass for me, just everything is good, i had a threas like a week ago called YAY or something, so you can read that if you wanna.

and man howd you get all those basses, are you a criminal???
  16. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I can't wait to be home. Just in time for our Cinco de Mayo gig! I'll be in good ole SF in 7 hours.
  17. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    On a happy note - I've found where the bass guitar I made 15 years ago is ! I lent it out about 10 years ago and lost site of it... I thought it had gone for ever, but I got a solid lead on it tonight.

Hopefully it will be back where it belongs by monday

(Oh and I ordered my Warmoth today)

Top day !