1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy With Your Setup??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman2, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Is a guy happy with his bass setup when he stops browsing the Talkbass Classifieds? Seems I do more reading now....than wanting!! lol

2. nojj

nojj Guest

May 20, 2013
    Mine is as good as I can make it with available gear.
    Long as it does what I want when I want it, I'm happy.
    Of course as others will point out, there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I like to look at new stuff, and drool a little now and then, but my "tone chasing" days have been over since 2006. Been quite satisfied with my Walkabout/GB Uber 212 rig since then, though I do own more amps and cabs that get very little use as well.

4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    For the most part I'm pretty content. Got a GK MB115 and for the situation I'm in it does pretty good. Still wouldn't mind trying out the MB212 II one day.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm pretty well done. Got a handful of basses that do different things...might try to find a 50's/60's-style oddball for a good price now and then but that's about it. For amps, though, I can't see how I could want more amps than I have now.

6. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    I'm very happy with my 4-string setup. Of course, it's easy to be happy with an SVT and EV 15" speakers. The only thing that might send me shopping is going to a fiver -- the need for extra LF extension might change my cabinet requirements.

7. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    If only I were as happy with my chops I would have no complaints at all. :)

8. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Content. GB Shuttle 6.0 with two GK Neo 112 IIs. Alembic Spoiler. Just ordered a Gator GL case for the Alembic. The old back can't deal with the heavy case any longer.

9. Very happy. After chasing a sound for 30years, I finally am very happy with my sound.
    Still like looking at beautiful basses, Mayones, Roscoe's etc, but don't feel the need to shell out a lot of cash for another expensive bass now due to my level of satisfaction.

Kind of like a relationship, I am very happy with what I have, don't want to change. But I will still look at other hot women.

10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm actually good to go for awhile. Both my main rigs sound great. It's hard for me to even choose which one to take out sometimes.

I'm even good on basses right now. I am curious to see what more reviews on will bring for the new Fender Dimension USA V. If that ends up being as cool as I think it will, then I will jump all over one around the new year.

11. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Very happy.

12. I've been satisfied with my rig for some time now. Do I think about a MBF800 on occasion to blow rooms away with a 55 lb rig (MBF800 and a NEO212 II)? Yeah but knowing myself I would at some point blow my 212 as that little dude if anything like the MB800 will exceed the 212's rating at 8 ohms. The NEO412 should be safe.....Naw just passing thoughts. :D

13. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Ecstatic... Trace Elliot AH500X head, TE 1048 and 1528 cabs... My only wish would be to duplicate as a backup rig and a nuclear war deterrent. :)

14. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Happy with my rig, currently suffering from instrument GAS, however.

15. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Yep. Been fully satisfied with my BBE BMax plus high-wattage power amp setup for several years now, and now that I've switched over to two Markbass 4x10's I don't have anything left to GAS for on the cab front. I did GAS for a lighter (Class D) power amp earlier this year, but I couldn't find anything that could kick out the old lead sled, so I may check again for a lighter power option someday as the technology continues to improve.

16. Currently extremely happy with Sansamps/PA/2x12, 4x10 amp setup... Could use another 5 string Warwick, though.

17. Madunic Music

Madunic Music Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Extremely happy with my rigs and gear and feel comfortable knowing that I have what I would need for any situation.

:)

18. Yup, totally happy. I have one 2x15 that I'm going to refurb someday, but otherwise haven't bought an amp or cab since filling out my backup rig a year or so ago.

19. LakeEffect

LakeEffect

Feb 21, 2013
    Denver
    I'd like to add something permanently strung with flats and take delivery on a bass due this November.

Oh yeah, and move out of an apartment so I can play at gig volume all damn day long.

At that point, setup will be complete.

20. I haven't had amp or bass gas for quite a while now. I've got a light weight practice rig and bigger gig rig which covers all bases.

But I tend to buy gear specifically for bands that I'm in. I have a disco band brewing ..... which might call for a Stingray Classic. hmmm.