Harbinger Vari 4000 series (PA)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by chaosMK, May 26, 2022.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Anyone have experience with the Harbinger 4000 series? I was looking to assemble a setup mainly for DJing (I have a sub, need 2 tops) and things are on sale with GC Memorial Day. Reviews seem to say they punch in similar to more expensive speakers.

2. I had a festival gig some weeks back and noticed they were using them on one of the side stages. Not sure if the tops were 12s or 15s, but they sounded good and doing work for an outdoor audience in the hundreds. Seems a good budget line to look into for speakers.

[​IMG]

I'd say look on youtube. There's lots of review and comparison videos with them.

3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    After a buddy of mine picked up a Vari 4112 for a monitor I have been checking out that PA gear line. My friends Vari 4112 sounds pretty good to my ears and it specs out pretty solidly.

One thing to be aware of is that the Vari 4000 series does NOT include an equivalently equipped sub. It looks like if you want to assemble a full PA with the Harbinger gear, you will end up with a Vari 2000 series sub (Vari2318S). Probably not a huge issue, but something to be aware of.