1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hard case for an Ampeg AEB-1 scroll bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vintagio, Oct 12, 2017.

1. vintagio

vintagio

Oct 8, 2017
    Yes, I own one. I bought it for $300 circa 1985. Does anyone have a hard case that would fit it, or can you point me to a reasonably priced solution?

2. vintagio

vintagio

Oct 8, 2017
    for the morbidly curious... it has bartolini pickups and a really nice bridge. plays and sounds like a dream!

3. daveman50

daveman50

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
  4. vintagio

vintagio

Oct 8, 2017
    thanks!

5. daveman50

daveman50

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    You're welcome. By the way, the pages on his site appear to be very out of date, so it'd be best to call or email for current pricing and availability. Bruce is very active on the "Luthier's Corner" page on this site.

6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Bruce is using Reunion Blues cases for his own basses

7. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    Yes, I think I answered your e-mail directly yesterday. But, if anyone else is interested, the best case I know of for an Ampeg AEB-1 is the Reunion Blues Continental Voyager. It's one of those soft/hard cases with the hard plastic shell around the perimeter. Very well made, very good protection for the bass. It fits the AEB-1 well, with a couple of small modifications up around the headstock for more clearance. You can get them online, or at most of the big music chains.

As far as I know, nobody currently makes an aftermarket hard shell case that fits.

actualsize and sunbeast like this.